Director, Technical Advisory, South Region
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, Miami, Florida, Nashville, Tennessee, Richmond, Virginia, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
As a Technology Advisor you will collaborate with senior leadership and participate on engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a variety of business outcomes. You’ll possess exception analytical, interpersonal, and creative thinking capabilities. You’ll be ambitious, enterprising, and personable, possessing outstanding leadership qualities, that allows you to assume a substantive role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time. You will work in a fast-paced environment that is groundbreaking, collaborative, and encouraging of your personal and professional development. Our track record of commercial success and our growth ambition will provide you with a fantastic platform for your career.
Focus on providing advisory and implementation insights and services to help clients realize meaningful business growth through technology transformation. With a breadth of knowledge, you will leverage a client-centric approach to translate our client’s digital business strategy into solutions and services that lead to successful business outcomes.
- Lead the development, management, and presentation of deliverables to clients, internal teams and sales at management and C suite/ Executive levels.
- Drive a culture of consistent and ongoing client upsell and cross sell opportunities to develop long-lasting client relationships.
- Become a trusted advisor with the customer through C-Suite and line-of-business relationships
- Advise our clients on their technology transformation, leveraging their digital ambitions, and optimizing their business-technology environments
- Collaborate with solution area services teams to build and execute plans
- Develop compelling Technology strategies, including IT Strategy, IT Operating Model, Journey to Cloud strategies, amongst others for our clients, bringing a business-first advisory lens and consultative approach to the process
- Develop vision for customer’s IT strategy and provide a comprehensive roadmap that aligns to business objectives
- Effectively position Tech Advisory offerings (and sub-offerings) with sales teams, channels, and target clients
- Lead with a team of business leaders, technical and sales experts to determine the strategy for offering identification and investment opportunities and drive strategic changes to the portfolio
- Identify and qualify Microsoft Tech Advisory opportunities across the Microsoft suite of solutions.
- Provide advice to our clients, helping them understand the true potential of technology to transform their business, bridging the gap between business and IT as you build strong client relationships
- Understand customer business drivers and strategies, architectures, IT adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPIs, to measure and monitor benefits realization
- Work with Avanade and business partners in defining solutions as part of sales pursuits and marketing activities
- Deliver written or oral status reports and client presentations regularly
- Stay educated on new and emerging market offerings that may be of interest to our clients
Required Skills / Experience
- Ideal candidates will have a deep understanding of Tech Transformation and the ability to consult, plan and lead clients on this journey.
- 10 – 15 years consulting / advisory experience in cloud platforms and technologies including focus on IT Transformation
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Developing and promoting governance models supporting the consistent use of technologies aligned to corporate strategies and policies
- Experience with large / complex scale migrations to public cloud (Microsoft Azure preferred)
- Experience with organizational change associated with deployment of cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Understand the challenges facing large enterprise clients when adopting new technology, with deep experience supporting clients navigate the transition
- Understanding customer business drivers and strategies, architectures, cloud adoption roadmaps, operating models, KPI, to measure and monitor benefits realization
- Experience leading a project and working with internal and client stakeholders to develop IT solutions
- Experience strategizing a cloud migration, enterprise architecture, cloud solutions and end-to-end IT transformation strategy & roadmap
- Conducting workshops, stakeholder and customer interviews and generating insights from research.
- Leading and managing multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to develop groundbreaking and disruptive ideas and business models that are actionable. Being responsible for ensuring that client outcomes are delivered on time and to budget.
- Can lead or support multiple engagements under significant deadline pressure
- Ability to thrive in a geographically dispersed team-based environment on multiple priorities
Preferred Skills / Experience
- Cost-benefit modeling and creation of compelling business cases for IT solution deployment / migrations
- Experience supporting business development and practice growth activities
- Experience with Agile Enterprise IT Management frameworks (e.g., SAFe ®, ITIL ® Sigma, Agile / SCRUM processes, etc.)
- Microsoft certifications: Azure / Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Advanced degree in higher education or MBA
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Infrastructure as Code technologies such as Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins, or other similar tools.
- Experience working in a highly automated IT environment
You’ve got this!