North America Workplace Platform Modernization Lead
Location: Albany, New York, Atlanta, Georgia, Augusta, Georgia, Austin, Texas, Baltimore, Maryland, Bangor, Maine, Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Bentonville, Arkansas, Birmingham, Alabama, Boston, Massachusetts, Buffalo, New York, Burlington, Cary, North Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chesapeake, Virginia, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Columbia, Columbus, Ohio, Concord, California, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Des Moines, Iowa, Detroit, Michigan, Durham, North Carolina, Fayetteville, North Carolina, Greater Manchester, Huntsville, Alabama, Indianapolis, Indiana, Jackson, Mississippi, Jacksonville, Florida, Jersey City, New Jersey, Kansas City, Missouri, Kent, Knoxville, Tennessee, Los Angeles, California, Louisville, Kentucky, Madison, Wisconsin, Memphis, Tennessee, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Mobile, Montgomery, Alabama, Morgantown, West Virginia, Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, Nashville, Tennessee, New Haven, Connecticut, New Orleans, Louisiana, New York, New York, Newark, New Jersey, Newport News, Virginia, Norfolk, Virginia, North Charleston, South Carolina, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, Orlando, Florida, Phoenix, Arizona, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Portland, Oregon, Providence, Rhode Island, Raleigh, North Carolina, Redmond, Washington, Reston, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Roanoke, Virginia, Rochester, New York, Sacramento, California, Salt Lake City, Utah, San Antonio, Texas, San Diego, California, San Francisco, California, San Jose, California, Savannah, Georgia, Seattle, Washington, Shreveport, Louisiana, St. Louis, Missouri, Stamford, Connecticut, Suffolk County, Massachusetts, Syracuse, New York, Tallahassee, Florida, Tampa, Florida, Trenton, New Jersey, Tucson, Arizona, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Job Type: Full time
About the role:
Avanade’s ambition is to extend our market lead in Modern Workplace and Employee Experience.
We help clients to modernize their technology platforms increasing efficiency, responsiveness, and security, deliver employee experiences on a par with customer experiences to increase productivity, engagement, and creativity, re-imagine their business operations to unlock new sources of value and remove cultural barriers that constrain sustainable growth.
To make our ambition a reality the Modern Workplace Solution Area is responsible for implementing the Workplace growth strategy and driving increased sales, revenues, capability, and reputation.
The Solution Area has threefocus portfolios: Workplace Platform Modernization, Workplace Managed Services, and Value Realization.
These are underpinned by sub offerings spanning strategy, culture, insight, innovation, experience, and operations that deliver customers thetechnology, advisory, transformation and managed services that enable the realization of new business value opportunities.
Our Platform Modernization proposition is to support clients to select, deploy, configure, and evolve the right Microsoft Modern Workplace Platform to underpin their Employee Experience and Business strategy and priorities.
As the North America Workplace Platform Modernization Leadyou will be accountable for the overall strategy and business performance of the Workplace Platform ModernizationOffering and sub offerings including Workplace Platform Modernization and Modern Workplace which span five geographical regions across North America. You will work closely with the Platform Modernization and Regional Modern Workplace Solution Area Leads as well as Value Realization Leads, Workplace Advisory Leads, Experience Leads, Global Solution Area Leadership Team,Modern Workplace Center of Excellence, Talent Communities, Regional Capability Leads and Global Delivery Network.
- Lead the definition and implementation of the Area Workplace Platform ModernizationPortfolio go to market strategy and business plan, with the aim of expanding Avanade’s market lead for Modern Workplace and Employee Experience by end of 2023, and achieving agreed performance targets
- Support the conversion of the Workplace Platform Modernization pipeline in partnership with the Area Modern Workplace SA Lead, Regional Modern Workplace SA Leads, Regional Workplace Platform Modernization Offering Leads, Workplace Value Realization Offering Leads, Advisory Workplace Lead, Operating Group Leads, Client Account Leads and Partners. You will lead by example through active engagement with clients and conversion of lighthouse deals
- Support the Regional Workplace Platform Modernization Offering Leads in being successful, achieving their targets and developing the necessary capability, capacity, and pipeline for continued success
- Collaborate with, and educate, account and sales teams to drive Workplace Platform Modernisation offerings and propositions to target clients, including all stages of the deal pursuit, from origination through to review and approval
- Build and Leverage Accenture, Microsoft and ISV partner strategies and plans to increase industry specialism, extend our capabilities, improve campaign alignment and grow pipeline and sales
- Adapt and augment the global Workplace Platform Modernization offering, sub offerings, services, assets, methods and tools so they have positive impact in the NA and global market.
- Contribute ideas and insight to the refresh and evolution of the offering and methods portfolio working with priority regions, targeted GSA leads, and the Global Workplace Center of Excellence
- Assist the Area and Regional SA Delivery Leads with quality assurance and issue resolution where needed to protect engagement commercials and corporate reputation
- Shape the people recruitment, development, and top talent retention plan for the Workplace Platform Modernization Offering liaising with Workplace Platform Modernization Offering Leads and Regional Market Unit Leads so that Avanade has the capability and capacity needed to grow sales, revenues and reputation
- Support the Regional Modern Workplace Solution Area Leads with marketing and sales initiatives to design and execute Workplace campaigns, events and communications that drive influence and demand
- Identify, secure funding for, and execute investments needed to enhance Workplace Platform Modernization pipeline, client portfolio, capabilities, sales, and revenues in the Europe market
- Manage budget against assigned Area metrics; provide forecasting and sales pipeline analysis to support processes
- Travel as required by the business.
You are an experienced business technology transformation leader, with a track record of growing a line of business through go to market strategy development, business planning, sales generation and delivery leadership. You also have a track record of developing and growing long term, high value client relationships, with strong influencing and negotiation capabilities. Internally, you enjoy advising leadership teams in the development, production, and promotion of client centric solutions and offerings.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- A track record of building a business technology transformation or digital transformation business through a combination of new logo wins and expansion of existing engagements using indirect/ direct channels. You will ideally have developed and cultivated C-Level client relationships in technology and business domains
- A track record of delivering complex business technology solutions for client organizations that have contributed directly to, or enabled, improved customer/ employee experience, profitability, responsiveness, reputational enhancement and top talent retention
- Experience of building, developing and retaining talented teams containing a mix of advisory and engineering skills
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organization, including experience with onshore, near-shore and off-shore delivery teams
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Knowledge of modern workplace technology platforms and services including Microsoft 365 (Office 365, Windows 10 and Enterprise Mobility + Security, SharePoint), Active Directory/ Identity, AutoPilot, Azure and an appreciation of developing cross market, innovative, out of the box thinking leveraging technologies like PowerPlatform, RPA, AI, & other business process optimization
- Over 10 years relevant business technology leadership experience, including solution sales creation, delivery and business management, and more than 5 years of demonstrable people and/or business leadership experience, particularly within a consultancy or systems integrator
You also ideally have:
- Shaped, sold and led a portfolio of client engagements focused on three or more of the following topics: Digital/ Workplace Strategy and Transformation; IT Strategy and Transformation or Technology Platform, Applications and Services Modernization; SAlti-Speed IT Operating Model; Workplace Managed Services; Enterprise Architecture; Workplace Security; Customer and/ or Employee Experience Transformation; business strategy and model design and implementation; business operations transformation (e.g. new product development, sales, service); organizational change management; cost reduction, culture and people strategy
- Contributed to the design, assembly, pricing and delivery of managed IT and business services deals
- Experience providing deal coaching and deal shaping in a very matrixed organization
- Experience in people development, coaching, mentoring, and leadership development
- Deep industry knowledge covering two or more of the following: Banking, Insurance, Products, Retail, Energy, Utilities, Health and Public Sector
- A Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York, and Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $237,150 - $279,000
Colorado: $205,700 - $242,000
New York: $249,900 - $294,000
Washington: $237,150 - $279,000
Avanade requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Avanade will consider requests for medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement on an individual basis.