Future Opportunity - Data Engineering Manager
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Des Moines, Iowa, Detroit, Michigan, Green Bay, Wisconsin, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Job Type: Full time
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. Now, with more than 60,000 employees around the globe, we are positioning our organization to effectively prepare for the future. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first know.
As a Manager, Data Engineering, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Client business decisions. You will help design and build data pipelines, data streams, reporting tools, information dashboards, data service APIs, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis to drive business outcomes using Advanced Analytics
Day-to-day, you will:
- Translate business requirements to technical solutions leveraging strong business acumen.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure Data & Analytics PaaS Services.
- Support the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance and performing needs assessments.
- Delivery of architectures for transformations and modernizations of enterprise data solutions using Azure cloud data technologies.
- Design and Build Modern Data Pipelines and Data Streams.
- Design and Build Data Service APIs.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics.
- Expose data to end users using PowerBI, Azure API Apps or any other modern visualization platform or experience.
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Travel as needed.
Your technical/non-technical skills include:
- Demonstrated experience of turning business use cases and requirements to technical solutions.
- Experience in business processing mapping of data and analytics solutions.
- Ability to conduct data profiling, cataloging, and mapping for technical design and construction of technical data flows.
- The ability to apply such methods to solve business problems using one or more Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams, and system integration.
- Mastery of .NET C# and T-SQL and familiarity with Python and Spark is required.
- Knowledge of Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure SQL DW, Azure SQL, and Azure App Service is required.
- Azure HDInsight + Spark, Azure Cosmos DB, Azure Stream Analytics, Azure IOT Hub, and Azure Event Hub is a plus.
- Experience preparing data for Data Science and Machine Learning.
- Experience preparing data for use in Azure Machine Learning is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience preparing data and building data pipelines for AI Use Cases (text, voice, image, etc.…).
- Designing and building Data Pipelines using streams of IOT data.
- Knowledge of Lambda and Kappa architecture patterns.
- Knowledge of Master Data Management (MDM) and Data Quality tools and processes.
- Strong team collaboration and experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of Dev-Ops processes (including CI/CD) and Infrastructure as code fundamentals.
- Working experience with Visual Studio, PowerShell Scripting, and ARM templates.
- Knowledge of Jupyter Notebooks or Databricks Notebooks for Python development is a plus.
- Experience with Git and Azure DevOps is a must.
Preferred Certifications: Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Engineer Associate
Preferrred Education Background: You likely possess a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or another relevant field. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also suffice.
Preferred Years of Work Experience: You likely have about 5+ years of relevant professional experience.
You’ve got this!