Deal Shaping and Pricing – Senior Deal Support
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Together we go beyond.
The Avanade Deal Shaping & Pricing Team provides professional financial leadership and resources focused on the development and approval of large, complex deals, ensuring accuracy in financial evaluation and compliance with external regulatory and internal requirements.
The role will initially focus on complex Managed Services and Consulting deal shapes, in addition to other specific pricing initiatives and focus areas identified.
The role will provide comprehensive finance support for deals within scope, taking day to day lead on projects and providing end to end detailed financial support from financial modelling to participating in and supporting deal reviews within North America.
By working in the Avanade Deal Shaping and Pricing Team you will:
- Gain an insight into Avanade sales organization
- Play a key role in supporting Avanade growth
- Receive comprehensive commercial, pricing and financial modelling training
- Learn new pricing tools and deal processes
- Work in fast paced sales environment with a global commercial team
The major areas of responsibility for the role are:
- Own the commercial and financial aspects for shaping, structuring, and closing large/complex transactions.
- Support deal teams to develop and draft financial Terms and Conditions.
- Assist the proposal team on financial aspects for management approvals.
- Enable the transition from selling into delivery.
- Participate in and support deal reviews within North America
- Provide comprehensive finance support for deals within scope.
- Engage as part of a larger team working with Sales Teams, Finance Leadership, CFM, Controllership, Tax and Legal.
- Providing commercial financial support during sales of Managed Services and Consulting arrangements
- Preparing the Corporate Transaction Analysis to support the pricing approach to the client value proposition
- Acquiring and maintaining all documentation supporting the Corporate Transaction Analysis on new opportunities
- Preparing detailed financial models using bespoke tool set.
- Interpreting detailed financial models and providing detailed analysis of financial models
- Preparing detailed pricing responses for Customer submissions and contributing content for Customer deliverables.
- Preparing detailed Accounting Treatment Memorandums consistent with US GAAP.
- Report into North America Pricing Lead
- Works to ensure that credibility is established with pricing team
- Participates in all necessary Deal Reviews and approvals
- Prepares supporting documents, provides guidance for Deal Reviews as necessary
- Works with the BD and Solution Architect organizations to develop the costing and pricing of the opportunities to be presented to customers.
- Identifying areas of risk, opportunities for margin improvement
- Identifying use of any nonstandard financial modelling worksheets or tools
- Documenting alignment with guidance, policies on impacts of modelling key financial elements or contractual terms, including CoLA, Fx, Contingency, Payment Terms
- Working with Delivery organization and other members of Finance in having regional compliance of policies and internal controls, mainly contract checklists and revenue recognition policies
- 4-8 years of increasingly diverse or complex experience in a highly commercial environment
- Finance professional with 3 years+ financial control experience in a highly commercial environment
- 2-4 years of management experience
- Experience in Deal Pricing review
- Able to lead or support in a project management capacity on developing pricing initiatives
- Experience dealing with executives regarding financial reporting and accounting matters
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of MS Windows based software packages: Word, Outlook, etc.
- Working knowledge of SAP Financials preferred
- Working knowledge of CRM preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or related field. Master’s degree preferred.
- Qualified Accountant or CPA preferred
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York, and Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.