Future Opportunity - Data Engineering Manager
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Baltimore, Maryland, Charlotte, North Carolina, Dallas, Texas, Houston, Texas, Nashville, Tennessee, New Orleans, Louisiana, Richmond, Virginia, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
- 14-time winner of Microsoft Partner of the Year
- 24,000+ certifications in Microsoft technology
- 90+ Microsoft partner awards
- 17 Gold Competencies
- 3,500 analytics professionals worldwide
- 1,000 data engineers
- Implemented analytics systems for more than 550 clients
- 400 AI practitioners
- 300 cognitive service experts
How we support you:
We believe in gender equity and an inclusive community. We offer a comprehensive benefits package: generous vacation allowance disability coverage, retirement plans, paid maternity and paternity leave, life insurance, extended benefits to cover items that support your well-being, health, dental and vision insurance, professional development and paid Microsoft certification opportunities.
You design data solutions that enable clients to see the whole picture and provide insightful and accurate analysis that helps to build successful businesses.
About the job:
As an Azure Data Engineer, you use modern data engineering techniques and Advanced Analytics methods to give your clients the information they need. You collect, aggregate, store and reconcile data from various sources, helping to design and build data pipelines, streams, reporting tools, data generators and a whole range of tools to provide information and insight. You know how to read the patterns and trends that influence business outcomes.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Give colleagues and clients the tools to find and use data for routine and non-routine analysis
- Use your sound eye for business to translate business requirements into technical solutions
- Analyze current business practices, processes and procedures to spot future opportunities
- Assess client needs to build bespoke data design services
- Build the building blocks for transforming enterprise data solutions
- Design and build modern data pipelines, data streams, and data service Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Craft the architectures, data warehouses and databases that support access and Advanced Analytics, and bring them to life through modern visualization tools
- Implement effective metrics and monitoring
- Be comfortable to make your own decisions and guide your colleagues
Your skills and experience likely include:
- Transforming business needs into technical solutions
- Mapping data and analytics
- Data profiling, cataloguing and mapping to enable the design and build of technical data flows
- Use proven methods to solve business problems using Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams and system integration
- Knowledge of multiple Azure data applications including Azure Databricks
- Experience in preparing data for and building pipelines and architecture
You probably have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or machine learning – or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You’re likely to be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, and/or Database Administrator already, and you have been in a similar professional position for around five to seven years.