Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Advisory Practice Leader, Supply Chain Transformation
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Dallas, Texas, Denver, Colorado, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, New York, New York, Phoenix, Arizona, Portland, Oregon, Richmond, Virginia, San Francisco, California, Seattle, Washington, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There’s one in every group—the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what’s next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We passionately challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft, and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers.
Key Role Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will have a background in business/management consulting strategy – ideally in areas of business function transformation (centric around Supply Chain). Key industry experience needed across manufacturing, retail, or resources (e.g., oil/gas). Ideally, some exposure to ERP/CRM strategy and or value realization of technology platforms in finance/supply chain. The candidate will be experienced in complex problem solving and developing strategies and roadmaps.
Acumen across business consulting in supply chain management is paramount for this role. The candidate should understand business strategy, management concepts, operations, and financial analysis. Proven success at creating strategies for improving operations by providing professional expertise to reduce costs, boost performance, and ensure industry longevity/compliance.
This is a North American leadership role responsible for growing capabilities, growing, and nurturing a team, working with other regional and solution areas leaders to define go-to-market actions; and increasing awareness of business advisory.
Additional key areas of responsibility include:
- Client: Leading client relationships, forming and growing trusted client relationships.
- Client Engagements: Scoping client engagements and designing the delivery team and overseeing the commercial engagement with clients.
- Thought Leadership/Content: Creating high-impact practice content and thought leadership for business transformation.
- Strategy: Serve as the business leader applying a strategic approach to advance a client’s operating model through technology, processes, and people to ultimately create better experiences for customers and employees.
- Growth/Learning: Inspire and support junior business team members. Ensure they are on client engagements, growing and learning.
- Leadership: Must be an initiative-taker and nimble multi-tasker, able to manage large, complex projects.
- Core Consulting Skills: Consulting and training skills and the ability to educate the business owners they work with, along with junior team members.
- Flexibility: The capacity to lead and work as part of a team both in person and virtually.
- Point of View: Critical thinking skills and the ability to find unique solutions to problems while always having a point of view.
- Planning/Budgeting: Analytical evaluation skills for budgeting and planning.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Supply Chain transformation experience
- Some functional transformation experience in other business areas is preferred (particularly Finance Transformation)
- Industry expertise (Manufacturing, Retail/CGP or Resources are paramount) we may consider other industries where there is sufficient functional transformation experience
- Data strategy
- Business applications strategy (SCM/ERP/HCM)
- Business value realization approach
- Microsoft ecosystem experience is preferred but not essential
- Market analysis
- Competitive research and analysis
- Business canvas creation
- Benchmarking and appropriate metric/KPI development
- Strategic planning and roadmap development
- Business case development
- Operating model design
Compensation for roles at Avanade varies depending on a wide array of factors including but not limited to the specific office location, role, skill set and level of experience. As required by local law, Avanade provides a reasonable range of compensation for roles that may be hired in California, Colorado, New York, and Washington as set forth below and information on benefits offered is here.
Role Location: Range of Starting Pay for role
California: $249,900 - 294,000
Colorado: $205,700 - 242,000
New York: $249,900 - 294,000
Washington: $237,150 - 279,000