Future Opportunity - Data Engineering Consultant
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Charlotte, North Carolina, Houston, Texas, Tampa, Florida
Job Type: Full time
RECRUITING FOR THE FUTURE
This posting is for a future job opportunity.
To support the needs of our clients, Avanade is actively recruiting and interviewing for the role outlined below, as we continue to build on another year of growth in our business. Now, with more than 60,000 employees around the globe, we are positioning our organization to effectively prepare for the future. What does this mean for you? We encourage you to apply and interview for this role without the need to decide now. This allows you to connect with leaders and hiring managers at a pace that works for you and when roles become available, you will be the first know.
Data Engineering Consultant
Do you enjoy making sure that information is accessible and easy to use? So do we.
- You’re a data designer who knows how to find, store and present a range of information from different sources so that everyone can access what they need quickly and simply, and use it effectively.
- You draw on your considerable experience in bringing data and statistics to life to solve sometimes complex problems, and you’re comfortable looking after several projects at once. You’re able to make your own decisions while at the same time supporting more junior team members.
About the job
- Working in Data Engineering, you know the importance of data to business. You design and set up projects that bring together information from a variety of sources, to enable analysis and decision-making. You make sure that data is accessible and easy to use, so that it can be used for routine and ad-hoc analysis.
Day to day, you will:
- Use your knowledge to plan and deliver data warehouse and storage
- Take part in designing and running bespoke data services for individual projects
- Stay up to date with business best practice in using and retrieving data
- Design, develop, adapt and maintain data warehouse architecture and relational databases that support data mining
- Customize storage and extraction, metadata, and information repositories
- Create and use effective metrics and monitoring processes
- Help to develop business intelligence tools
- Support deal teams by providing subject knowledge and solutions for client proposals
- Author reports that include key performance indicators, show where current operations can be improved, and identify the causes of any problems
- Create and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators and canned reports, as well as other information portals and resources
- Travel as required.
- You’re got great experience in data and analysis, and how to source, store and share information. You’re a problem solver who’s happy to work autonomously and to share their knowledge and skills, as well as guiding other team members.
Your skills and experience include:
- Transforming business needs into technical solutions
- Mapping data and analytics
- Data profiling, cataloguing and mapping to enable the design and build of technical data flows
- Use proven methods to solve business problems using Azure Data and Analytics services in combination with building data pipelines, data streams and system integration
- Knowledge of multiple Azure data applications including Azure Databricks
- Experience in preparing data for and building pipelines and architecture
You probably have a Bachelors or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as computer science, applied mathematics, statistics or machine learning – or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You’re likely to be a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert, and/or Database Administrator already, and you have been in a similar professional position for around five to seven years.