Sales Origination Lead - Business Applications (Midwest)
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
Business Applications Origination Lead
As the Avanade Business Applications Origination Lead for Midwest, you’ll be part of one of the most exciting partnerships in the industry. You’ll be the "face of Business Applications" for Midwest, driving pipeline origination and growth across all aspects of the business - from stakeholder alignment and relationship management; joint sales and go-to-market orchestration to deep collaboration with Avanade and Microsoft sales teams. You’ll be responsible for net new pipeline origination driving sales, revenue and market share as a hunter seller. You’ll align across the Business Applications solution area, regional sales, North America industry, and Microsoft to enable co-selling at scale, mobilizing across Avanade, Accenture, and Microsoft to drive increased market share and mindshare for Avanade services in Business Applications.
Business Applications origination in today’s fast-paced and competitive market requires a unique, next-level skillset. In this role, you’ll have an opportunity to bring the breadth of your selling skills, leadership, and collaboration acumen to deliver market-making results, demonstrating excellence and innovation across:
- Sales - you bring a hunter sales mindset and an entrepreneurial attitude, and deep relationships with and expertise in navigating Microsoft across all operating units.
- SME – Midwest Region Microsoft SME and go-to resource for Avanade sales team.
- Business - you are a go-to person for leadership, an influencer and trusted advisor, known for doing what you say you’ll do.
- Strategic - you bring a cross-functional perspective and the foresight to anticipate decisions, problems, conflicts & opportunities.
- Communication - you are a seasoned communicator, with the ability to tell articulate clearly upstream and downstream to get results.
- Relationship & political acumen - you build credibility and deep relationships internally & externally, you can negotiate and build consensus, and possess the empathy to drive to win/win solutions.
- Results-focused - you have a bias for action, you aren’t a ‘reporter of the news’.
- Compete – ability to understand and compete effectively both on platform and implementation levels against key competitors.
- Expertise – deep understanding of the Dynamics 365 Platform including Customer Engagement, Finance + Operations and Power Platform
- Measurable growth in Business Applications pipeline, sales, revenue, and market share
- Collaboration with sales and alliance leadership to develop and execute strategic initiatives.
- Build on existing Microsoft relationships within Business Applications sales and technical sales teams and establish new ones.
- Lead Business Applications Origination activities for the Midwest Region across all Client Groups
- Collaborate with Microsoft & Avanade Leaders to execute ‘sell-with’ and joint go-to-market initiatives.
- Participate in Regional Joint Account targeting process - orchestrate attainment of joint account planning session and incremental pipeline.
- Support regional account planning sessions to influence, extend, and/or accelerate deal closure.
- Develop and execute a coordinated enablement plan to drive joint sales cycles with Microsoft.
- Drive increased sales and revenue for Business Applications in the Midwest Region
- Develop and execute 1:Many and 1:1 programs in collaboration with Microsoft Alliance Lead to deepen relationships with Microsoft Business Applications sellers and to drive growth in market and mind share
- Support sellers where needed with pipeline creation, deal support & demand generation activities such as local events at Microsoft and Microsoft partner locations.
Metrics & KPIs
Carry Area Scorecard Targets:
- Pipeline impact
- Sales and revenue impact
- Growth in Microsoft Business Applications relationships and joint account planning and execution
- Bachelor's or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of relevant experience in Business Applications
- Microsoft experience highly valued
- Experienced, high-energy professional who has courage to lead our region into consistent growth YOY.