Business Development Executive - Healthcare: Midwest
Location: Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Columbus, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Indianapolis, Indiana, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
There is one in every group - the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn’t afraid to break the mold and who gets passionate about the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working. Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what is next!
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there is no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being daring, imaginative, and fast. We believe big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, encourage, and support our clients and each other!
Here you will find a team of people who thrive with turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we are not just making business better - We are making life better for our clients and their customers.
As part of our Midwest Market, in a highly strategic Business Development role, you will be responsible for leading and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and fast-growing business with direct clients. You will also work closely with partners driving new business. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gain referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, contending offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
Your Daily Responsibilities Include:
- Build and maintain access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
- Understand the needs of your partners and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Meet with potential clients to grow, maintain and demonstrate relationships.
- Apply and demonstrate the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Use detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Occasionally travel to your client’s site, as needed.
You are a deal maker and self-starter who develops and wins new business in a complex consulting environment with sophisticated technology solutions. You work with energy, drive and dedication to overcome obstacles to achieve your goals. You take ownership and encourage others to make a positive impact. You have superb interpersonal skills and can establish relationships and neutralize conflict with colleagues, clients and others at any level inside and outside your organization.
Your Background and Skills Include:
- Selling Digital, Cloud, ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include global delivery
- Working efficiently with Accenture, Microsoft & other partners to grow their book of business
- Previewing, identifying and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices
- Crafting and positioning business results-oriented propositions
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics
- Extensive experience in business development, relationship building & advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level