North America Security Solution Lead – Cloud Security
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Cincinnati, Ohio, Cleveland, Ohio, Detroit, Michigan, Houston, Texas, Indianapolis, Indiana, Los Angeles, California, Miami, Florida, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Minneapolis, Minnesota, New York, New York, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
North America Security Solution Lead – Cloud Security
We are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there’s no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative – and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our partner clients and each other.
Digital disruption is opening more opportunities for businesses to connect with their customers and the ever-evolving threat landscape is attempting to get in the way of our clients being able to make the most of this new way of working. Clients need improved, seamless security that provides a good employee and customer experience. That is what we would love you to do for us. With your vision and ability to steer clients toward new ways of thinking, we can open excellent career opportunities for you too.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, and Microsoft? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the globe. Ultimately, we’re not just making business better. We’re making life better for our clients and their customers. When the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem come together, we do what matters to make a genuine human impact.
If you have broad experience and experience providing strategy; designing and implementing solutions; and/or managed services around the Microsoft Security, Identity and Compliance platform, then this role is for you.
About The Role
Avanade is seeking a Leader to further expand its Cloud Security capabilities in North America. You will lead engagements, advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables business outcomes in the Cloud and Application, and Platform Security spaces. You must possess exceptional analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be ambitious, enterprising and personable, possessing outstanding leadership skills, that allows you to assume a critical role in our security practice with an ability to scale over time.
The North America Security Solution Lead – Cloud Security involves leading the pre-sales solutioning and estimating Cloud security solutions, ensuring they are deliverable; and growing the skills and talent of the people that support this domain.
To be successful in the role, you should be comfortable with full lifecycle of Cloud, Application, and Platform security solutions (discovery / assessment, analysis, design, build, test, deployment, and managed services) including project delivery. You should be a leader and trusted advisor to our clients, being a significant presence in any meeting, bringing the voice of Security to our clients and our colleagues, helping them to identify and mitigate security risks with innovative security solutions. You should be comfortable leading workshops and presenting to large audiences, demonstrating your thought leadership. You should be passionate about supporting and developing other members of the team, both junior and senior, helping them to know what you know, and learning from others that understand things that you may not.
As the Security Solution Security Lead, you will be responsible for the performance domain from a sales, revenue, and profitability perspective; therefore, it is key that you are able to engage the business and our clients aligned with growth targets.
- You have experience with different delivery models Advisory/Consulting vs Managed Services
- You understand what’s needed for practice development, establishing Go-To-Market campaigns and Capacity & Capability development plans.
- You have experience in implementing Cloud security posture management (CSPM), Cloud workload protection (CWP), Secure Cloud Foundation, Container Security and SIEM solutions for multi cloud and hybrid cloud deployment models.
- You are a leader in the space of Cloud Security and Compliance with a deep understanding of the project and solutions lifecycle, designing and estimating solutions that not just meet our clients, but far exceed their expectations.
- You are a creative problem solver, always thinking ahead and spotting risks.
- You have experience delivering strategy & roadmap advisory, to design and implementation consulting, and managed services with a variety of customers on the Cloud security maturity scale.
- To supplement the technical knowledge, security solution lead will project delivery experience, come from a Consulting background with strong customer-facing skills, and the ability to understand their requirements and produce high quality written proposals.
- You have a passion for growing your career and those around you. You have strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- You are willing and able to travel, potentially across several different clients.
You have a deep and validated understanding of Microsoft Security technologies. You will be expected to demonstrate experience and deep expertise across some of the areas below:
- Azure Firewall, Azure Web App Firewall, Azure DDoS Protection,
- Defender for Cloud, CSPM
- Defender for Devops / DevSecOps
- Github Advanced Security
- Application Security
- Cloud Security Frameworks (e.g., CSA, NIST)
- Zero-trust security
- Azure AD Premium, Azure Entra
- Cloud Workload Protection (CWP), Cloud Native Protection Platform (CNAPP)
- Hybrid Cloud, Hybrid Identity
As a leader within our growing Security Consulting practice, you have demonstrable Cloud Security & Compliance understanding and solution architecture experience in these areas is required: Cloud Security Networking (NGFW, DDOS, Zero Trust), Hybrid Identity, MFA, Cloud Security, CSPM, CWP,
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Consults, advises our clients & internal stakeholders on Security solutions to solve business problems.
- Partners with Avanade’s Advisory teams, Regional Innovation teams and other Solutions Area teams to pursue what is possible and ensure the best possible outcome for our client’s business.
- Leads and oversees the development of the technical approach and estimation of a proposal during the sales process.
- Strong, executive-level communication skills. Operate in a senior technology advisory capacity to CxOs and their senior leadership.
- Learn our client's business/vertical, their organization, systems, challenges, and goals.
- Understanding of the Microsoft technology eco-system and how it can be used to transformation businesses.
- Participate in, and lead stakeholder brainstorming, technical planning, and design sessions.
- You are an active contributor and facilitator with an important voice.
- Craft the vision by mapping requirements to solutions, communicated through functional and technical design documents.
- Develop and nurture relationships with Microsoft and Accenture stakeholders and strategic partners
- Articulate execution strategy through roadmaps, estimates and implementation & migration plans.
- Provide governance and oversight on key projects.
- Develop and cultivate senior client relationships in the clients Security function, including CISO level and other key security buyers, such as CIO’s.
- You will lead and contribute to the growth and development of the Cyber defense practice.
- Identifying key skills required to deliver in line with market and client demands, maintaining an active talent pipeline which will enable the rapid scaling and growth of the practice.
- Collaborate & lead on GTM offering and service creation, ideation through to development and sales enablement.
- Proactively manage and grow sales pipeline through collaborating with industry aligned sales teams, understanding typical industry challenges and positioning relevant services and capabilities
- Mentoring and coaching: mentor and coach colleagues within and outside of the practice to lift and grow the overall maturity of the security business.
- Operational management of key metrics & KPI’s as part of the broader security business
- Lead and support the delivery of a broad range of Cloud and Application Security engagements.
- Play a leading role in business development / sales activities by working closely with account and sales teams to ensure proposition and solution alignment.
Benefits We Offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft’s global alliance partner of the year (17 of the last 20 years!), with exceptional development and training (minimum 80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Private Medical Cover, Income Protection Policy, Extended benefits, Bonus, generous pension and much more!
- Avanade University – real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career advisor to encourage your progression.
- Engaged and helpful co-workers genuinely interested in you.
- Reward and Recognition scheme