North American Mainframe Modernization Lead
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, Baltimore, Maryland, Boston, Massachusetts, Charlotte, North Carolina, Chicago, Illinois, Columbus, Ohio, Dallas, Texas, Miami, Florida, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Raleigh, North Carolina, Tampa, Florida, Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
At Avanade, we believe in making a genuine human impact in everything we do. We transform businesses and help our clients envision new paths forward; we uncover ways technology can improve the way we work and live; and provide opportunities for our people to leave the world better than we found it. For more than two decades, we’ve tapped into the power of our people and cutting-edge Microsoft technology to deliver business-critical technology capabilities to thousands of organizations around the world. Our deep expertise and relentless commitment to client success is the reason we are Microsoft’s #1 global partner.
As Avanade’s North American Mainframe Modernization Offering Lead you will build and lead a team of professionals to enable and achieve growth across Avanade’s Mainframe Modernization business - by driving client impact, showcasing technical leadership and advancing our offerings. These offerings include both our Modern Application Transformation offering and our AMT platform, a set of technologies from our Asysco acquisition that enables us to perform automated code conversions for most Mainframe estates.
In this role, reporting to the Global Modern Application Transformation Offering Lead you will collaborate with Avanade’s Mainframe Modernization senior leadership team as well as the wider Applications & Infrastructure (A&I) community. Working closely with the North American regional team, the dedicated sales community and Client Account Leaders you will develop and implement an innovative growth strategy focusing primarily on expansion of existing direct / indirect channels, as well as new service areas and emerging market opportunities.
You know how to connect with clients and lead a distributed team to its goals. Curious about digital disruption and innovation, you are organized, energetic and as comfortable in front of a board room as before a white board with your development team. You thrive in the sales/presales and customer/ delivery arenas equally.
You will stand out for your:
- Knowledge of the overall A&I landscape with a strong understanding of the value proposition(s) associated with Mainframe Modernization and Legacy Transformation
- Experience successfully solutioning Modernization programs, selecting optimal architecture and delivery approaches that bring a balance of costs, capability, and risks to achieve client and business outcomes
- Experience in developing client roadmaps, program building, incorporating intelligent processes into existing business process, and solution planning
- Ability to be effective in a highly matrixed, geographically dispersed professional services organization
- Applied business technology, consulting and project-based leadership experience and passion for driving positive business outcomes
- Flair for “leading by influence” and effective peer teaming expertise
- Skill in assessing and managing the opportunities and risks associated with managing a business
Areas of Influence include:
Driving Client Impact:
- Increasing win rates through presales, including competitive positioning, and solutioning support on key deals.
- Delivering through shared best practices, harvesting innovation, incubating new Offerings, implementing methodology, and providing quality assurance across region and areas.
Showcasing Technical Leadership:
- Demonstrating Avanade’s technical leadership to both the market (e.g., speaking, conferences, webcasts, blogging) and with our parents in Accenture and Microsoft.
- Connecting across the offering sales and delivery arms - helping them grow and thrive is an important part of this role.
Advancing our Offerings:
- Collaborating with key stakeholders across Avanade’s business units and offerings to evolve points-of-view (POVs), whitepapers, assets, and differentiators to assist in winning and delivering successful projects.
- Tracking the best client sales and delivery stories.
Key Technical Responsibilities include:
- Business requirements mapping and high level architecture
- Business process improvement, including identifying opportunities for leveraging Microsoft Azure
- Support of Avanade’s IP & Assets
- A&I Advisor & SME to Global and Regional Leadership teams supporting business-led conversations on how Azure can speed transformation
Key Leadership & Team Management Responsibilities:
- Identify resource & skills required to deliver solutions for clients
- Asset development & prioritization, including support for new opportunities
- People / team management and utlization, ensuring inclusion & diversity is embedded into how the team is recruited, managed and run
- Client leadership & support as well as building account-level relationships across Accenture and Microsoft
Learn more about us here >>
Mainframe Migration & Modernization | Avanade
Inclusion & Diversity | Avanade