Principal Scrum Master
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
Responsible for following and promoting agile methodology and all related scrum ceremonies within an agile team. Enables team to work as effectively as possible. Ensures impediments are resolved and the team meets sprint objectives and releases stay on track. Coaches the team to own and continuously improve their process and practices.
- Responsible for facilitating all Scrum ceremonies, such as Daily Standup, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review and Sprint Retro, in addition to collecting and providing relevant data and metrics.
- Act as Servant Leader. Drives team discussion & collaboration, coaching agile principles and the continuous improvement mindset in addition to helping manage impediment removal by working closely with other teams and impacted stakeholders.
- Scrum of Scrum meetings as needed to synchronize across teams and resolve blockers
- Sprint release planning with Product Manager, Product Owner and stakeholders to determine the features, its sequence and expected timeline. Assists Product Manager, Product Owner roles with on-going backlog refinement
- Ensures sprint releases stay on track and updates sprint activities in agile planning and execution tracking tool. Assist with status reporting, velocity metrics, sprint accomplishments, in addition to socializing current risks and issues.
- Partners with others in the agile community (Scrum Masters, APMs and Agile Coaches) to drive technology-focused teams towards achieving Agile principles.
- Coaches the team to own and continually improve their process and practices. Driving teams to improve agility practices and become more self-organizing.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Business or related
- 6+ years Agile Practice or related
- Optimizes the flow of work across multiple agile teams throughout product development life cycle.
- Motivates and enables others to take accountability to streamline product delivery process, efficiently manage large and complex products launches across multiple teams
- Leverages data and metrics to derive insights and continuously identify improvement opportunities. Drive these improvement opportunities to fruition.
- Be the champion of Agile Software Product development processes within a Value Stream and mentor Product Owners and Engineers to follow agile practices.
- Leads the charge on building community, foster inter-team collaboration and the culture of continuous learning and continuous improvement across the entire Value Stream.
- Knowledge of cloud and APIs is a plus
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.