Senior Principal Application Architect - Martech
Location: Riverwoods, Illinois
Job Type: Not Specified
Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
At Discover, be part of a culture where diversity, teamwork, and collaboration reign. Join a company that is just as employee focused as it is on its customers, and which is consistently awarded for both. We’re all about people and our employees are why Discover is a great place to work. Be the reason we help millions of consumers build a brighter financial future and achieve yours along the way with a rewarding career.
We are looking for a Senior Principal Application Architect in the following areas Marketing, CDP, Customer Segmentation, and Customer Experiences. This principal architect is a senior individual contributor that drives vision, translates business requirements to product capabilities and develops a target architecture roadmap that supports our customers. This candidate also facilitates learning and delivery within Discover’s Martech Engineering team. This candidate possesses business & financial acumen to advise on product planning, conducts research & analysis and identifies business value of new and emerging technologies. This person will create an architecture that with enterprise standards and that achieves simplicity. You will collaborate with engineers & product managers and business to solve interesting and challenging problems across our Martech needs.
The Senior Principal Application Architect is a strategic thinker, problem solver and collaborator with a deep understanding of the financial industry. This person will be responsible and accountable for risk by exchanging ideas, opinions and elevating concerns. This person will follow all policies & procedures as defined and operated within the Discover's risk appetite and achieves results by consistently identifying, assessing and managing all types of risks.
This is a hands-on engineering role and will require experience and training in Cloud, Data, DevSecOps, Domain Driven Design, Architecture Frameworks (ex: TOGAF but not limited to) fundamentals. Candidates will be expected to bring their expertise and creativity to help solve key technical as well as non-technical challenges in driving our vision, engineering our solutions and unlocking value across the organization.
- Collaborate and communicate with Enterprise Architecture, Product, Enterprise Engineering, Infrastructure teams within the organization for meeting objectives and deliverables based on product roadmap. Define and maintain the MarTech architecture and roadmap in alignment with our product, marketing strategy and Enterprise architecture teams.
- Act as an Advisor to leadership by leading strategy and resolution of highly complex and unique challenges requiring in-depth evaluation across multiple areas that require vision, creativity, innovation and analytical thinking
- Lead and facilitate engineering technology architecture decisions for product development and support overall Martech needs and cross functional products as applicable
- Provide vision, direction, and expertise to leadership on implementing innovative and significant business solutions
- Conduct ongoing market research on latest trends and researching new vendors to expand capabilities across MarTech and adjacent technologies
- Strategically engage with all levels of professionals and managers across the enterprise. Perform architecture assurance of solution designs that touch the MarTech space to ensure architectural and engineering quality.
- Communicates with staff and clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Provides advice on project costs, design concepts, and design changes.
- Documents design specifications and installation instructions.
- Verifies the stability, interoperability, portability, security, and scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborates with technology partners to select appropriate design solutions and ensure the compatibility of system components.
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business, or related field
- 8+ years of technical work, or related experience.
- In lieu of degree, 10+ years of technical work, or related experience.
If we had our say, we’d also look for:
- Understanding of marketing & advertising platforms, ecosystems and concepts such as CRM’s, CDP’s, DMP’s, Clean Rooms, Customer Segmentation etc.
- Understanding of 1st, 2nd and 3rd party data and consent management
- Understanding of Identity and matching related concepts
- Nice to have knowledge of CI/CD concepts
- Strong knowledge of applications and technologies such as but not limited too (GitHub, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Amazon Web Services, Openshift, REST services, CI/CD, Jenkins, Harness, RabbitMQ, Kafka etc.)
- In-depth working experience in Dev-Ops culture one or more public cloud experience Azure, AWS, GCP etc.
- 10+ years demonstrating a high degree of proficiency in designing and developing complex, high-quality enterprise solutions across on-prem, hybrid and cloud based architectures
- 5+ years in architect role desigining technology architectures, workflows, best practices and governance guidelines
- 8+ years professional experience of software development is required
- 4+ years of experience of building / designing solutions in an agile environment
- Understanding of holistic enterprise architecture and interplay of MarTech components with the broader enterprise
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Strong at exploring emerging technologies and identifying opportunities for their use
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.