Program Manager, P&M Finance Strategy & Solutions
Location: Austin, Texas, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
3+ years for Bachelor's
1-2 years for CPA or Local GAAP Chartered Accountants or progress towards CPA
Bachelor's, Master's, CPA or equivalent experience
Functional/ Technical Skills
Public Accounting experience or industry experience with progressive high technology industry leader a plus.
EU/APAC/Statutory Accounting Roles - US Multi-National experience a plus.
EU/APAC/Statutory Accounting Roles - second language a plus.
- Understands the company’s financial and management accounting policies, procedures, and systems.
- Develops solid knowledge of the accounting principles for one discipline (e.g., GAAP, Cost Accounting, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Revenue, VAT Accounting).
- Develops solid understanding of regulatory requirements and financial accounting standards (e.g., IFRS, FASB, SEC).
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of how to maintain accounting records and data.
- Demonstrates solid knowledge of journal entry preparation and posting.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of account reconciliations and sub-ledgers.
- Acquires and demonstrates a solid understanding of how the department operates and fits into the larger organization.
- Demonstrates solid awareness of the policies, practices, trends, and information that impact the organization and its customers.
- Demonstrates solid understanding of the financial impact of decisions/solutions on the organization and its customers.
- Solid understanding of the application of basic economic and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Solid understanding of current economic market and financial trends by reviewing industry or trade publications.
- Assists others and practices in preparing financial statements as well as reporting data.
- Acquires solid knowledge of systems and databases by completing routine responsibilities.
- Completes activities by using financial systems and technologies.
- Completes solid quality review checks on data using assigned systems.
- Utilizes resources to complete advanced tasks.
- Distinguishes between advanced activities and tasks that add differing levels of value; begins to determine solid potential improvements to impact quality.
- Demonstrates solid attention to detail and a continuous improvement mindset; double-checks accuracy of own output to ensure high quality delivery.
- Seeks relevant information to ensure own understanding of complex information.
- Assists team members in the creation of routine technical communication materials (e.g., policies & procedures, guidelines, presentations, messages).
- Develops a solid understanding of the different audience groups in the business unit/function that receive technical communications and how they differ from each other.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.