Location: Springfield, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Looking to join a dynamic team of accounting professionals and obtain valuable accounting and analysis experience? Just like Expedia Group covers all aspects of travel for our customers, we cover accounting and analysis for Expedia Group’s worldwide operations. If you’re looking for a team that empowers Expedia Group’s travel revolution through financial intelligence and operational excellence, then joining our accounting team will be a great fit for you.
We have the following opportunities available:
- Cash: Journalizing cash and reconciling the activity for around 500 bank accounts of all different currencies, interacting with many different areas of the company (payroll, tax, accounts payable and receivable, treasury and more).
- Fixed Assets: Accounts for fixed assets located in over 100 offices around the world, including specialization in accounting for the Seattle owned campus of 42 acres of land, internally developed software, intangibles, and goodwill, by partnering with the Expedia Real Estate and People Teams.
- Operating Expense: Works closely with the partners throughout the business to account for all overhead and general expenses, cloud costs, customer services, software, licensing, legal, professional fees, and more.
- Leases: Accounts for the over 100 leases and facilities costs of Expedia’s global portfolio of offices by working closely with the Expedia Real Estate team.
Who you are:
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance or related field; or equivalent related professional experience
- CPA (or country equivalent) a plus
- Strong Excel skills as well as the ability to work with large amounts of data
- Demonstrate understanding of US GAAP and apply to accounting processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and business partners across the company
- Attention to detail and proactive approach
- Experience with ERP systems, Oracle preferred
- Experience with accounting month end close process
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize workload
- Commitment to continued improvement as demonstrated by streamlining processes
- Flexible in a fast paced and rapidly change environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
What you'll do:
- Timely and accurate recording of expense activity in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare month-end journal entries and analyses
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts
- Identify and implement process improvements that increase accuracy and efficiency
- Identify trends or issues that require management's attention
- Work with business partners to provide accounting guidance and analysis support
- Perform ad-hoc analysis to assist business partners with research on any unusual transactions
- Prepare/Review auditor PBC requests for quarterly review, year-end audit, and SOX
- Lead meetings and be the owner/driver for various Expedia initiatives as necessary
- Special projects as assigned
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.