Senior Technical Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Sr. Technical Program Manager
Are you passionate about a rare and exciting opportunity to contribute towards to a Data Platform vision and strategy that will move our business forward? Do you love to seek out problems, investigate solutions, and achieve outcomes?
Expedia’s Data Platform Organization is looking for a Senior Program Manager to drive complex technical programs requiring coordination across teams & organizations. These programs will help build a platform that provides capabilities used to support the data engineer, data scientist and data analyst journeys.
You will establish strategy & the direction of execution within your program. You will utilize your deep understanding of technical aspects of implementation and business insight to drive significant strategic questions that help clarify and guide our teams through priorities and decision-making! You will strive for continuous improvement and find new innovative ways to increase execution efficiencies by being flexible and crafting scalable frameworks. We believe in building extraordinary, high quality products our customers love to use! You will be key to achieving this through close collaboration with senior leaders across product and engineering.
Who you are:
- Independent self-starter with organizational and analytical skills, coupled with interpersonal awareness and business insight. Driven by a sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
- Broad experience driving agile software development, preferably including agile mentoring or training
- Strong technical and analytical skills and the aptitude to quickly identify gaps and risks
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to present complex concepts to business partners and executive leadership
- Strong bias to action. You are able to find a path forward and get things done
- Passion for excellence in execution and mastery in developing efficient frameworks
- Innately curious and skilled at zeroing in on the detail and uncovering issues but able to step back and clearly see the big picture
- 8-12 years of relevant professional experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
What you’ll do with us:
- Identify appropriate agile engineering practices and mentor others in applying in software development projects.
- Lead and mentor others on Agile ceremonies and capitalize on agile mentorship opportunities to help the team focus on continuous improvement
- Define and implement processes to improve team execution and delivery
- Lead proactive identification and mitigation of issues and risks. Leverages experience to anticipate risks in advance of impacts.
- Take a whole systems approach to analyze issues and implements holistic solutions by ensuring that linkages between structure, people, process and technology are made.
- Partner with the business to ensure a connection to overarching strategy and program and ensures prioritization is in line with the larger program strategy.
- Identify strategic issues and raise questions to help customers explore and understand their wider business challenges in the context of the project/program.
- Design differentiated technical communications (content focus, style, presentation, etc.) for various internal and external customers based on an understanding of their differing levels of familiarity with technical language.
- Be an evangelist and own communication on technical delivery, vision, strategy and roadmap
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.