Senior II - Accounting
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Brand Specific Description:
You will be part of the Expedia Consumer Payments and Cash Accounting (CPAC) Team located in Bellevue, Washington. This Team is responsible for the accounting and analysis of Expedia’s worldwide cash receipts and consumer payment methods arising from merchant transactions. The Team’s main functions include:
- Reconciling cash receipt transactions based on external reporting from payment processors and various internal reporting
- Accounting and analyzing for transactions arising from various consumer payments methods such as credit cards, gift cards, points, etc.
- Accounting for cash and investment activities
- Support Expedia’s projects related to consumer payments methods that promote the Company’s worldwide growth initiatives
- Support quarterly and annual audits for SEC filings and other ad-hoc audits
- Prepare month-end close journal entries and account reconciliations
- Investigate and resolve out-of-balance intercompany transactions
- Work with Payment Operations team to ensure payment processors’ files are properly reported in our internal system
- Reconciling cash receipt transactions for completeness and accuracy
- Prepare flux analysis for month-end close
- Research and prepare analysis as needed
Experience and Qualification:
- BA or BS in Finance or Accounting required
- 4 years of accounting-related experience
- Demonstrate understanding of US GAAP and apply to accounting processes
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal). Ability to clearly articulate complex processes to audiences with varying level of understanding
- Ability to establish and maintain cross-functional relationships
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize workload
- Strong excel skills and ability to work with large amount of data
- Dedication to continuous process improvements and streamlining processes
- Ability to think analytically to solve non-recurring and complex issues
- VBA and/or MS Access experience is preferred
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.