Senior Financial Analyst, Product & Technology
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Senior Financial Analyst
We are Expedia Product & Technology, an organization of over 9,000 employees that runs the technology engine under the hood of the powerful Expedia Group machine. We power Expedia Group’s travel revolution with a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale. We are seeking an exceptional, self-motivated and customer focused Senior Finance Analyst.
As a key member of the Expedia Product & Technology Central Finance & Insights team, this role will partner closely with finance leaders and team members across Expedia Group to enable financial insight, deliver meaningful analysis, timely and robust reporting, and project deliverables. Success in this role will include effective communication, understanding the business, and going to get what’s next.
What you’ll do:
- Utilize solid financial skills and business knowledge to build financial models, interpret data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations that deliver results and drive improvement
- Proactively approach management with data-driven analyses and recommendations for maximizing cost efficiency while driving improvements to Product & Technology financial processes
- Create insightful weekly/monthly/quarterly presentations and reporting, variance, and trend analysis for Product & Technology that provide meaningful insights for the team, including senior leadership
- Evaluate actual business results, forecasts, and outlooks with a degree of healthy skepticism with the objective of improving accuracy while understanding risks and opportunities
- Identify and implement process and reporting enhancements to drive additional insight
- Partner with peer finance teams and work cross-functionally across Expedia Group to ensure alignment and to develop an understanding of how Product & Technology financial results are impacting all stakeholders
- Be flexible in a dynamic work environment and be willing to do what it takes to help the team win
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- At least 3-5 years of prior experience in finance/accounting roles
- High level of intellectual curiosity that drives a sense of ownership and desire for continuous improvement
- Strong analytic, modeling, and forecasting skills with the passion for using data to drive better decision-making
- Results driven and highly motivated, with the ability to think big and small
- Collaborative with an ability to build and maintain close working relationships with teams across Expedia
- Solid communication skills, both verbal and written
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity
- Comfortable working with ambiguity in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and think strategically
- Highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint; experience using Hyperion Essbase a plus
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.