Vice President, Architecture Platforms, B2B, CRM
Location: Austin, Texas, Chicago, Illinois, Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Job Description, VP Architecture – B2B, CRM
Expedia Brands builds valuable, lasting relationships with travelers so they know, love, and trust our brands. At Expedia Group, we are passionate about bringing together travel and technology to create innovative products that deliver better experiences for travelers.
The VP Architecture – B2B & CRM will drive and influence the end-to-end architecture for our Business to Business (B2B) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) areas. This individual will enforce a consistent set of standards to ensure that the Platform design principles are embedded in all teams. You will partner and innovate across our teams focused on bringing our travel platform capabilities to our demand and supply partners. In addition, you will also partner with our CRM technology teams that focus on our B2B partners and our Traveler & Partner Support Platform (TPSP) organization.
What you’ll do
- You will oversee and drive the end-to-end solution architecture for B2B & CRM domains
- You will engage in and facilitate conceptual design sessions, discussing proposed technology solutions, to insure they scale, are supportable, and meet business objectives
- You will effectively communicate the vision, strategies, methods, and techniques needed to achieve a shared goal across the enterprise.
- You will anticipate internal/external business problems and guide the integration of the appropriate applications, databases and technology platforms to provide a fully functional solution to a potential business problem.
- You have mastered software design best practices, shape coding methodologies and best practices.
- You will provide a broad organizational view and whole systems expertise to guide and enable standardization and differentiation of policies/processes.
- You will provide deep expertise and a broad view of the organization to optimize linkages between structure, people, process and technology.
- You will think about past existing industry trends or standards to further improve system design or operation at either a technical or cultural level.
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship across engineering teams
- You will contribute to organization-wide talent development by sharing knowledge and best practices across EG, serving as a specialist and advisor.
- You will lead a high performing team of architects.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in a related technical field; or Equivalent related professional experience.
- Equivalent experience includes:
- Technically leading multi-quarter projects involving 30+ engineers and regularly contributing to the internal and external Technology community.
- Makes choices across businesses to apply many different technologies and languages.
- Presents new technology choices to Senior Technology and Leadership, leading the business by recommending great technology choices.
- Expert for multiple domains, familiar with domains across the organization and has created platforms and systems across the organization.
- Hands on experience in architecture and design of platform solutions that cater to two sided marketplaces.
- Familiarity with CRM, call center and customer support technologies.
- Leads the business by recommending great technology choices.
- Mentors other engineers (at all levels in the organization).
- Able to understand and design highly complex systems and their interactions across the organization.
- Ability to establish standards for operational excellence and code quality at an org level.
- Strategically chooses the set of technologies and defines principles to ensure design of software that is easily testable and observable.
- Has a strong understanding of all areas related to the business domain.
- Champions product thinking and provides technical leadership.
- Demonstrated flexibility and adaptability of approach and style to best meet the needs of the individual customer
- Ability to build and maintain influential working relationships at all levels and across the enterprise
- Ability to set and communicate clear direction and performance standards and motivate teams to achieve technology objectives that are in support of business goals
- Proven leadership ability including coaching and support of team in order to achieve partners, business and customer results
- Ability to think in broad strategic terms for technology and business
- High level of flexibility and ability to persevere through periods of significant change and challenge in the business environment
- Ability to create unprecedented architecture solutions that require a high level of critical thinking, creativity and innovation
The total cash range for this position in Seattle/Chicago/Austin is $ 305,500 to $ 428,000. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $ 489,000, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
Starting pay for this role will vary based on multiple factors, including location, available budget, and an individual’s knowledge, skills, and experience. Pay ranges may be modified in the future.
Expedia Group is proud to offer a wide range of benefits to support employees and their families, including medical/dental/vision, paid time off, and an Employee Assistance Program. To fuel each employee’s passion for travel, we offer a wellness & travel reimbursement, travel discounts, and an International Airlines Travel Agent (IATAN) membership. View our full list of benefits.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.