Senior Director, Chief of Staff - Traveler & Services Platform
Location: Seattle, Washington
Job Type: Full time
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
We believe travel enriches our lives and connects us to each other. Expedia Group (EG) is seeking a Senior Director, Chief of Staff role for our Traveler & Service Platform organization in the Product & Technology Division. You will be responsible for driving strategy and enablement for an organization supporting operations orgs made up of thousands of employees and agents, representing $500M+ in expense.
Reporting to the SVP of Traveler & Service Platform, you will lead the strategy, planning, communications, and operational initiatives for the organization. You will be responsible for organizing the convergence of the strategies for servicing product & tech, E4B Supply and Demand side operations, Retail operations, and EG agents. This organization represents 700M+ of spend and over 100K agents. In this role, you will be a key member of the leadership team and act as the operational arm executing on EG strategy for Traveler & Service Platform.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with leaders and stakeholders to define and drive the long-term strategy for service and establish a global multiyear plan of strategic investment priorities
- Partner with leaders to ensure alignment across the organization on goals, standards, OKRs, and KPIs for each planning cycle
- Identify gaps in efficiencies, opportunities for optimization and execute on solutions
- Drive orchestration of workstreams and initiatives, coordinating with various product lines to ensure consistency in execution
- Lead cross-functional initiatives that set up the organization for scale, agility and performance
- Drive accountability for cross-cutting initiatives for a large technology organization
- Manage leadership communications within the organization
- Partner with Product Strategy to ensure consistent prioritization of product roadmaps across divisions to coordinate key priorities and timelines
- Partner with Business Operations to plan and organize strategic planning, leadership offsites, and day to day priorities for the SVP of Traveler & Service Platform
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or related field; MBA or master’s in related field is a plus or equivalent experience
- 10 + years of experience in strategic planning and prioritization, program management and or Chief of Staff role, or related capability
- Prior success in leadership role in a technology organization is required, and experience in service and/or operations is preferred
- Outstanding communication and organizing skills, both written and verbal
- Able to engender trust; Strong team-building, analytical, collaboration, and motivation skills
- Advanced abilities to “connect the dots” and very comfortable using data to speak truth to power
- Team-player approach and willingness to collaborate
- Is a leader that drives clarity and executes on ambiguous problems
- Extremely proactive, self-directed and takes initiative without explicit direction
The total cash range for this position in Seattle and Austin is $277,000.00 to $387,500.00. Employees in this role have the potential to increase their pay up to $443,000.00, which is the top of the range, based on ongoing, demonstrated, and sustained performance in the role.
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group's family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is careers.expediagroup.com/jobs.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.