Hubbell Rotation Program - Engineering
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Rotation Program (HRP) is a program for college graduates aimed toward accelerated exposure in various business functions. The focus of the program can depend on the needs of the company and the interest of the employee. The program will span a 3-year period and requires relocation to 3 Hubbell facilities located in the United States. This person reports to the Campus Program Manager for the duration of the program but receives day-to-day assignments from local management.
The Engineering Rotation is aimed toward accelerated exposure in manufacturing/operations, design engineering, sales & marketing, or supply chain.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Potential for rotations to focus on Lean Manufacturing, Design, Technology, Electrical, Software, Production, Project Management, Automation, Inventory Control, etc.
- Work across all functions to understand roles and responsibilities in Product Development Process and to drive execution of approved programs
- Understand potential return of identified programs and prioritize deck based on business needs
- Work with business leaders to scope, organize, and execute ideation sessions to increase product development project pipeline
- Understand Hubbell’s product capabilities, differentiation, and value proposition in the marketplace. Learn the importance of understanding our competitor offerings and capabilities
- Research and compare product offerings with our competitors to understand gaps in the product offerings
- Raw material inventory evaluation – recommend increases or decreases based on data analysis
- Evaluate historical product demand to determine proper stocking levels of raw material extrusion
- Potential for exposure and participation in Kaizen events
- Machine set up, standardization and streamlining
Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and leadership
- Proficient on basic computer programs: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Share Point
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.