Traveling Meter Installer
Location: Herndon, Virginia
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Aclara SGS is seeking additional Meter Installers who will travel nationwide to various meter installation projects throughout the year.
To be considered for this position, applicants must have the desire and ability to travel throughout the U.S. and install at various project locations.
This team will help kickoff new projects, help with projects that are behind schedule, and help with any other projects where it is deemed vital. Responsibilities will include installation, training, and QA work.
This is an hourly position that requires 100% travel (covered by Company).
Compensation & Benefits
- Paid Training
- Base rate plus uncapped installation incentives, paid travel/lodging, and per diem.
- Company vehicle/gas provided!
- Paid holidays, referral bonuses, and benefit eligibility, including medical, dental, vision, and 401k matching.
- Travel throughout the U.S. to assist with the deployment of smart meters in various cities (electric, gas, and/or water).
- Check existing meter, install replacement meter, and perform final meter test.
- Accurately collect customer data and detail the installations through company-provided handheld device.
- Maintain exceptional standards of safety and quality of work.
- Meet daily installation goals, as established by the Project Manager.
- Earn more when goals are exceeded!
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to travel to various job sites, based on project needs.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Ability to use assigned tools and work within safety guidelines.
- Previous working experience in meter installation or related fields (utilities, plumbing, electrical, natural gas, telecom, solar, cable or HVAC)
Internal Aclara Applicants
- Must Meet the Following Requirements for the Past 3 Months:
- Average productivity must be 80% of target at your current project
- Clean quality, safety, and attendance record
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment, including, but not limited to: Walking, climbing and stooping for up to 10 hours per day in all weather conditions.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.