Sr Firmware Engineer - Solon, OH
Location: Solon, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing support of embedded firmware on high volume electronic and supporting products associated with Smart Infrastructure Solutions including areas such as AMI and Utility/Distribution Automation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Firmware design, coding, test and documentation for microcontroller-based products
- Help develop functional specifications and requirements documentation for new products.
- Contribute cost estimates and schedules for development tasks.
- Develop unit and integration test methods to ensure system meets requirement. Create, present and publish test reports.
- Participate in development and maintenance of structured product development processes.
- Help establish and follow proper design processes for high reliability firmware
- Analyze and resolve field problems. Perform root cause analysis and determine effect preventive action(s).
- Support the work of other engineers on project teams.
- Participate in technical reviews of the work performed by the group
- Participate in the development of project plans including reviewing and evaluating code and other deliverables produced by the team from concept to product launch.
- Participate in solving critical field issues.
- Serve as lead developer, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years’ aggregate Engineering experience (graduate thesis work included as experience).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in analysis, design, coding, and testing C code for embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of hardware interfaces.
- Advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques including use of Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators...
- Source code control and defect tracking systems experience (GIT, etc.)
- Static source code analysis experience.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- C++, Python Language Development Experience
- Experience in developing design documentation (requirements, flowcharts, data flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, etc.).
- Experience with MSP430, ARM and/or PIC microprocessors.
- Experience with Freescale MQX, Micrium, FreeRTOS or other RTOS(s).
- Experience w/ Security applied to Embedded Devices
- Experience w/ Embedded Linux, RUST
- Experience using static source code analysis tools/methods.
- Perform formal Root-Cause Analysis to troubleshoot and resolve top issues
- Ability to develop support applications for test automation, utilities, etc.
- Project estimation/tracking experience.
- Electronic communication systems background.
- Experience working with RF/ Wireless systems.
- Advanced engineering degree.
- Experience in the utility industry.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.