Graphic Design, Team Lead
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Archdale, North Carolina, Avon, Connecticut, Belmont, New Hampshire, Columbia, South Carolina, Fenton, Missouri, Greenville, South Carolina, Huntington, Leeds, Alabama, Lenoir City, Tennessee, Manchester, New Hampshire, Shelton, Connecticut, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri, Stonington, Connecticut, Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
St. Louis, MO
Hubbell Site Flexible
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM), Team Lead, Graphic Design oversees a team of graphic designers responsible for creating and elevating brand awareness of Hubbell and its portfolio of brands through creative graphic design. This leader will provide inspiration to the team, taking our creative capabilities to a new level as we continue to grow. They energize the team and their clients with a natural eye for design and a drive to inspire dynamic ideas that connect with all types of audiences.
The Team Lead, Graphic Design will possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to enhance the talents of their team to deliver engaging content that meets the needs of our internal customers and external audiences. They are responsible for leading day-to-day tasks, activities, and creative reviews necessary for the team to deliver on our brand positioning through concept and creation of all assets in support of brand, product, and marketing strategies. They will guide the creative process in close partnership with HEM and segment teams to connect with customers across all touchpoints to drive brand experience. They will ensure a consistent Hubbell voice through storytelling, imagery, and overall look and feel to drive customer awareness, engagement, and advocacy.
The Team Lead, Graphic Design will be extremely creative, dedicated, and will work well under pressure to manage diverse teams working on multiple projects under strict deadlines. The right candidate will have exceptional conceptual skills, design expertise and the ability to clearly articulate how conceptual ideas tie to solving business problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Graphic Designers using best-in-class design tools, techniques, and technologies to produce innovative designs for a diverse range of applications
- Provide expertise and art direction from kickoff to final production, coordinating work from internal customers and team members to ensure the highest quality deliverables
- Confer with internal customers to discuss project requirements, objectives, presentation concepts and then coordinate creative activities
- Contribute design support to the major projects and initiatives taken on by your team
- Review and approve proofs of materials developed by team members as well as outside vendors, providing detailed and actionable feedback
- Ensure all design projects conform to standards and specifications required
- Mentor, coach and develop a diverse group of team members for high level of sustained performance
- Foster a positive, inclusive environment that attracts, motivates and retains top talent
- Accept responsibility for the quality and completion of all work projects assigned to members of your Graphic Design Team
- Collaborate with the Manager, Graphic Design and fellow Graphic Design team leads to balance workloads, establish consistent team practices, and build successful processes
- Understand the creative vision provided by the creative leadership and infuse it into your team
- Provide guidance to the creative leadership team on brand standards and visual guidelines while ensuring utilization of them within your team
- Understand and utilize feedback provided by the Manager, Graphic Design and other stakeholders to improve team’s designs and work methods
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in graphic design, illustration, art history, or other relevant field of study. MBA preferred.
- At least 5+ of experience in graphic design, preferably leading design teams
- A solid understanding of and hands-on experience applying graphic design principles and best practices
- Ability to translate marketing objectives into clear, creative strategies including goals and objectives for your Graphic Design team
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in graphic design, illustration, animation, packaging, web design and multi-media required
- The ability to work with little to no supervision in delivering high quality work and is capable of effectively collaborating with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Ability to successfully build, coach, motivate and inspire a diverse, high-performing team to achieve outstanding results
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Excellent listening, project management, interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.