Industrial Engineer - South Bend, IN
Location: South Bend, Indiana
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
South Bend, IN
The Engineer will provide industrial engineering support to manufacturing operations and processes. Focus to achieve maximum production efficiency at best possible cost with acceptable quality results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and establish labor standards and analyze areas for improvements using data collection methods with standard or predetermined work measurements.
- Develop and lead various continuous improvement projects to drive efficiency and output.
- Evaluate workplace layout and methods to reduce ergonomic risk factors and labor content.
- Maintain plant layout – develop layouts for new equipment and/or changes to present equipment
- Compile data of problem areas and recommend solutions.
- Collect and correlate data for settlement of grievances related to incentive standards.
- Support maintenance of equipment, die and fixture and tooling records as needed.
- Create and maintain production routing and BOM data on MRPS system.
- Prepare special studies, reports, investigations, or work on special projects as assigned by manager and management team requests.
- Analyzing operations, support designing workflows and production processes, reducing inefficiency, and ensuring that final products meet established quality standards.
- Evaluate current manufacturing practices and identify those needing improvement.
- Manage production schedules and coordinate services to maximize productivity.
- Support and enforce quality controls to reduce waste.
- Focus for improvements to the efficiency of production process.
- Evaluate employees’ tasks and responsibilities, identifying procedures or tools to improve productivity.
- Collaborate with staff to achieve an amicable and supportive workspace.
Skills and Experience
- Must possess knowledge in workplace layout, method analysis, ergonomics, line balancing, time study and incentive systems.
- Metal stamping experience preferred.
- Automation experience.
- Ability to work with other people to accomplish desired results.
- Project Management experience.
- Adept with Microsoft Office Suite tools - Excel, PPT, and similar reporting and presentation tools.
- AutoCad, Pro-E experience preferred.
- Bachelors degree in an engineering related field or 6-8 years equivalent experience .
- Lean/Six Sigma Certifications are a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.