Sr. Process Engineer - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue East
Aiken, South Carolina 29801
The Injection Molding Process Engineer is a "hands-on" position that plans, directs, and coordinates manufacturing equipment and processes to produce high quality injection molded silicone products. The Process Engineer is responsible for coordinating the molding efforts on new project launches, setting up and supporting manufacturing processes, and continuous process improvement projects. This position also mentors and/or trains injection molding process setup technicians and factory maintenance personnel.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new processes and implement technical solutions to existing processes designed to improve quality and overall equipment efficiency (OEE).
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to mold process technicians and other molding operations personnel.
- Develop and maintain process documentation to ensure that processes and procedures are clearly stated and understandable for all employees. Provide daily technical support solutions to manufacturing operations.
- Ability to design, start-up, operate, and shut down process related equipment. Must be able to work independently on new process development as well as troubleshoot current production issues.
- Work with equipment and material vendors to resolve machine and material issues.
- Monitor and report issues with injection molds, make recommendations for refurbishment based on production factors such as cycles, process capability and tooling history.
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders to resolve injection molding technical issues.
- Facilitate and support plant safety, environmental, and ergonomics efforts.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years practical work experience in a rubber Injection Molding operation with an engineering or technical degree from an ABET accredited school.
- Minimum of 10 years practical work experience in a rubber Injection Molding operation without an engineering degree from an ABET accredited school.
- Diverse technical background in injection molding processing, tooling, equipment, and materials.
- CAD and tooling design experience with good MS Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects with limited management direction.
- Excellent teamwork, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to lead others including indirect supervision of molding process technicians.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.