Design Drafter II - Lenoir City, TN
Location: Lenoir City, Tennessee
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
3621 Industrial Park Drive
Lenoir City, TN 37771
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Performs complex design investigation, analyses, feasibility studies, and CAD design for new and existing components or products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Create tooling drawings for any product from part drawings.
- Create new CAD drawings and revise existing CAD drawings for release to production
- Create CAD drawings for use by sales department for customer presentations and bids
- Provide support to Manufacturing, Customer Service, and Marketing
- Create solid models of products using appropriate software to determine various properties of products
- Create spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel or other similar software
- Maintain drawing database
- Adapt existing files and convert to other files using appropriate software
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Solid communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong computer and analytical skills
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning drawing accuracy and adherence to standards
Skills and Experience
- Minimum AS Degree in CAD
- Experience in part design and fabrication & machining knowledge is a plus.
- CAD design and 3D modeling preferred.
- Manufacturing experience a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Inventor or Solidworks strongly recommended.
- Experience with SAP is a plus.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.