Associate Application Engineer - Aiken, SC
Location: Aiken, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Hubbell Power Systems
1850 Richland Avenue
Aiken, South Carolina 29803
Support customer service representatives, field sales representatives, and end users by providing technical and commercial support for HV (High Voltage)/EHV (Extra High Voltage) substation, distribution and/or transmission products. Provide liaison and coordination between engineering, manufacturing, and sales. Prepare technical data to support quotation process. Support the expansion of product line into new markets both Domestic and Internationally.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review customer product specifications and product information (drawings, test reports, etc.) to select appropriate product for quotations
- Provide product information (drawings, test reports, certifications, etc.) to customer service, field sales, and directly to customers when necessary
- Provide training and technical presentations covering insulator selection and application for internal and external audiences as needed
- Conduct market studies including voice of customer for new and improved products, gain understanding of the competition and develop a strategy to grow share
- Manage product plan related activities to drive NPD and update or obsoletion of legacy products
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Analyze market and customer data trends to determine market pricing levels
- Provide recommendations on application of insulator products to end users and partners
- Assist in preparation of marketing and or technical documents for customer education and product promotion
Skills and Experience
- 0-2 years’ experience in an Application Engineering or similar role
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to collaborate with teammates or work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- SAP experience preferred, but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish, Portuguese, Mandarin or other language) preferred, but not required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.