Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Financial Analyst position will support the Manager of Financial Analysis with the consolidation and analysis of company-wide monthly financial forecasts and annual operating plan (AOP). This position will be a part of the Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis team. This highly visible role will partner with members of the business segment finance teams and provide value-added analytics to the Executive Leadership team in support of their company-wide financial decisions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help prepare financial reports, support schedules and presentations
- Assists with Executive level presentations (Executive staff, President’s Council, BOD materials, etc)
- Provide analysis of key variances
- Ensure all monthly and quarterly support files are submitted timely and accurately
- Partner with Segment FP&A teams and Financial Systems team to drive standardized reporting and presentations
- Develop and ensure accurate and timely support schedules for monthly forecasts
- Assist in quarter end presentations and deliverables
- Leverage various reporting tools to provide insights and improve transparency of results
- Updates and maintains key financial analysis set of reports on a monthly basis
- Prepare presentations for the Senior Leadership team
- Assist the FP&A Team and management with other projects or tasks as requested
- Approximately 5-10% possible travel to other Hubbell facilities
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in planning and forecasting
- Demonstrated ability to create ad hoc analysis (advanced Excel) and leverage system tools
- Must be a team player with the ability to multi-task, but at times work independently and be accountable for results
- HFM, SAP and Power BI experience preferred, OneStream a strong plus.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.