EHS Specialist II - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
We are adding an EHS Specialist II to our team (due to growth)!
This position will support the Oklahoma City facility in furthering Health and Safety goals and building the Safety Culture. The EHS Specialist will work with site leadership to identify and provide solutions to Health and Safety issues and provide best practice guidance.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Facilitates development of Health and Safety programs, policies, work procedures and training.
- Provide Industrial Hygiene support on a variety of programs including assuming responsibility for conducting OSHA required monitoring and other assigned industrial hygiene monitoring surveys at the OKC facility as assigned.
- Ensure monitoring is performed in compliance with air sampling protocol, policies and procedures including calibration of sampling equipment, and responsibility for associated data and recordkeeping requirements.
- Program support will include but not be limited to the following: respiratory protection, confined space, indoor air quality, office and industrial ergonomic evaluations and noise.
- Conducts Health and Safety compliance assessments and rule interpretation to assure compliance and takes effective steps to ensure that workplace conditions comply with applicable federal and state environmental and occupational safety and health standards and regulations provisions, ensuring that all required documentation and records are prepared and maintained.
- Responsibilities will also include periodic injury / illness data analysis, job hazard assessment program support and input and monitoring of safety related corrective actions.
- Perform comprehensive Health, Safety and Environmental inspections of assigned buildings.
- Conduct selected safety program auditing activities and recommend corrective actions as requested.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree and 5 years of Environmental Health or Occupational Health, or Industrial Hygiene OR a Masters Degree and 3 years of Environmental Health or Occupational Health, or Industrial Hygiene
- Experience implementing environmental regulations and/or sustainability projects
- Strong attention to detail and ability to build trust with manufacturing operators
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Microsoft Office and database skills
- Certified Industrial Hygienist, or working towards obtaining this certification.
- Strong understanding of Cal/OSHA regulations
- Knowledge and experience in administering EHS programs of multiple areas including ergonomics, electrical safety, lockout/tagout, industrial hygiene assessments, fall protection, crane/aerial/forklift operations, contractor management, chemical management, hazcom, and auditing.
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.