Quality Technician - Archdale, NC
Location: Archdale, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
The Quality Technician is responsible for supporting the Quality and Manufacturing Operations on a plant wide basis across all raw material, process and product lines as assigned. This includes: ensuring compliance to in-house specifications, standards and good manufacturing practices; rejection of nonconforming lots; defect and root cause analysis; first article inspections; oversight of the Calibration System; interacting with vendors to reduce variability of incoming materials; communicating process and product quality issues in a timely manner to manufacturing, quality and all appropriate cross-functional departments. This is a first shift position, working Monday-Thursday.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform visual, functional and/or dimensional inspections and/or audits of product assemblies in accordance with inspection instructions and specifications to verify that quality, production, and customer standards/requirements are met. Document findings and relay any discrepancies to the appropriate personnel. Ensure inspection status of product is clearly identified.
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of quality system standards and documentation in conformance with local policies, including procedures, visual standards and process control data.
- Utilize statistical methods and/or defect analysis, understand and resolve product quality issues relating to non-conforming product. Disposition non-conforming product (DR’s and RMA’s) in a timely manner. Recommend corrective action when needed. Communicate with vendors as needed to improve incoming quality.
- Train Operators in the use of inspection gages and techniques, test procedures and requirements, and standard work as required.
- Make recommendations on inspection, product, productivity, tracking, reporting and/or scrap improvements, while maintaining or improving current quality standards.
- Oversee or support the Calibration System. This includes maintaining the Calibration Database, ensuring gages are calibrated per the due dates, coordinating site visits and outside calibration with calibration vendors, timely communication with department personnel regarding out-of-tolerance and/or lost gages, recommend and implementing corrective actions for gages that do not meet requirements, and minimizing cost of unnecessary in-house calibration trips or calibration of inactive items.
- Perform general housekeeping duties to provide a safe working environment at all times.
Skills and Experience
- 3 years experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Experience with measurement equipment required.
- Ability to interpret work instructions/drawings/specifications/visual standards.
- Proficient in computer software (Excel, Word, SAP).
- Basic math skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills with ability to organize and interpret complex data
- Communication (written & verbal) and interpersonal skills with strong attention to detail, efficiency and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and exercise independent judgment, and manage multiple /changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and energetic.
- Innovative thinker.
- Strong time management skills.
Hubbell Industrial Controls
4301 Cheyenne Drive
Archdale, NC 27263
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.