Inventory Control Supervisor - Arden, NC
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Under direction of the Director of Operations, this position is responsible for ensuring the accurate accounting of inventory, master data, and system tasking. Utilizing inventory control team ensure that warehouse management system is working correctly by maintaining system reports and ensuring standard work is being followed.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop goals and objectives for the material controller/coordinators and clerks that are quantifiable and measurable.
2. Champion and drive continuous improvement through communication and coaching associates to drive efficiency in warehouse functions.
3. Maintain Warehouse Management System (WMS) runs smoothly by maintaining tasking and master data.
4. Develop, measure, and drive inventory control methods that ensure inventory turns, FIFO, and inventory accuracy.
5. Investigate and identify root cause of all inventory adjustments and shipping errors to include driving actions plans to prevent recurrence.
6. Assist with capital projects implementations and support other long term warehousing strategies that support business growth and objectives.
7. Primary contact on any Logistics projects as needed such as “New Product Launches”, continuous improvement (Kaizen) events or service improvement projects.
8. Auditing various warehouse activities including, inbounds receipts, putaway case picking and truck building activities.
9. Performs other duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Skills and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Seven (7) years’ experience in a high-volume warehouse; Four (4) years’ experience managing direct reports preferred
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Forklift Certification
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) Experience
- SAP Experience
- Lean Certifications
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.