Senior Financial Analyst - Shelton, CT
Location: Shelton, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Senior Financial Analyst is responsible for accurate monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of the Commercial & Industrial platform and business unit financials. Assist the Director of Financial Planning & Analysis in providing management updates and analysis, including validation of monthly actual, forecast and planning objectives. Liaise with Global Supply Chain & Marketing / Product Management & Sales teams on a variety of working capital projects for the Electrical Products business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and own weekly Cash Flash process including updating CFO & VPGM, and communicating with Segment FP&A (alongside Director FP&A).
- Support Global Supply Chain and lead AP & Inventory related projects.
- Support Sales & Product Marketing on AR & Inventory related projects.
- Support monthly SIOP process & provide translation of planning models to cash impacts.
- Coordinate with Controllership on Balance Sheet reviews.
- Monthly, quarterly internal financial reporting in support of Platform results.
- Assist with monthly financial close of business units and platform.
- Assist in monthly forecasting through review and validation of submitted business unit data.
- Assist with annual business plan objectives, reporting and analysis.
- Review the impact of foreign currency, cash flow and trade working capital changes.
- Prepare monthly operating reviews and other management presentations.
- Communication with all levels of the organization required reporting objectives.
- Review capital appropriation requests and financial analysis.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
- Possess a broad knowledge of accounting, budgeting, cost and interpretation of financial results in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel pivot tables, Powerpoint, Access, Word and Outlook.
- Proficient in Hyperion.
- Familiar with SAP or other integrated ERP systems including Business Warehouse reporting.
- Minimum of two to four years in a multi-company environment.
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.
- Commercial finance experience preferred.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.