Sr. Solutions Architect - Remote
Location: Solon, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
The Senior Solutions Architect is a hands-on technology strategist, acting as the primary Aclara products and services architect for new installations, migrations and system upgrades for enterprise customers
Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as technical expert in the evaluation of design alternatives and recommendations for solutions to address customer needs in an agnostic manner.
- Design and architect highly scalable, fault tolerant, cost effective, and secure solutions for enterprise customers
- Turn meetings with clients into requirement documents and then into architectural designs that are effectively communicated to the organization.
- Address customer escalations and communicate solution development to the organization.
- Lead by example, ensuring that development standards and processes are followed across the organization.
- Represent Software Technology to Business Development, Professional Services and Clients when necessary.
Education, Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- 10 years of experience in conceptualizing solutions to new projects while focusing on system performance, fault tolerance, and cost.
- 8 years of experience with developing or overseeing performant/scalable/high-availability systems, specifically in performance/reliability issues.
- 5 years of experience in cloud design or development, preferably Azure.
- Experience with enterprise level 3rd party vendors and applications; (SAP, Microsoft, Oracle, e.g.)
- Solid understanding of cloud computing technologies and strategies
- Enterprise Data Warehouse, Data Mining, and Reporting Services experience.
- Solutions should be aligned with Aclara’s product offerings, technologies and product roadmap.
- Hands-on experience in multiple industries and across several disciplines mastering a variety of operating systems, hardware platforms, distributed platforms, desktops, and mobile devices.
- This key position must have excellent technical, analytical and customer facing communication skills.
- The candidate must be able communicate both the technical and business value of the recommended solutions.
- Enthusiasm and willingness to find work-arounds to obstacles.
- Advanced degree.
- Experience with enterprise level data analytics.
- Experience with Microsoft Teams.
- Knowledge of newer development technologies; e.g. SaaS, IaaS, Web API, Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA).
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.