AR Analyst - Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The AR Analyst role is a key contributor to managing Accounts Receivable at Hubbell. The position ensures success by proposing and maintaining procedures and policies for our offshore AR Services team to follow and provides an interface role for domestic based Hubbell employees to the offshore resource as needed. This role seeks interactions with various internal teams (customer service, sales, as examples) in an effort to streamline the invoice to cash process; benefiting customers and fellow Hubbell employees equally. Analysts spend a considerable part of their time seeking, analyzing and socializing data to understand situations from all sides. Working with the system as-is, while at the same time defining and generating ideas about how to improve processes is a key responsibility. Seen as the “go-to” person when issues arise this role can confidently and competently determine recommendations for next steps in nearly all situations. Works collaboratively with all levels of customer and internal employees to achieve desired outcomes and build relationships. The role works and prioritizes effort independently but in unison with department and corporate objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs account analysis to identify trends, problems and root causes of ongoing issues and outlines solution plans to improve the situation for both Hubbell and the customer.
- Generates solution plans that guide and direct offshore team efforts as well as coordinating other resources within the A/R function to deliver the needed results for stakeholders.
- Initiates, organizes, and often leads team or cross-functional meetings designed to solve problems, improve processes, or deliver training.
- Negotiates within assigned scope of authority, individually or as part of a team, to resolve problems with favorable outcomes for Hubbell and the customer.
- Monitors the work of 3rd parties involved in the support of all Hubbell A/R functions – provides training and resolution support as needed.
- Responds to inquiries from customers, sales, customer service, accounting and finance regarding cash application, reporting, audit compliance and invoice delivery.
- Maintains relationship with banks, accounting, finance, collections, and treasury through regular contact and is expected to liaise with groups in all A/R related matters.
- Performs General Ledger Reconciliations for month end close.
- Research payments to ensure application was done correctly when needed.
- Acts as a subject matter expert for IT and AR leadership: helps test, document and train on systems supporting A/R including work defining requirements of new systems or processes needed to support function.
- May assist the supervisor/manager in hiring, scheduling or directing team resources to meet objectives.
- May perform basic project management tasks.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- 5 or more years involved in a large ($500 million or more in annual sales) Accounts Receivable function or similar, transaction-based accounting function.
- At least 2 – 4 years of cash application experience, ideally within a large organization ($500 million or more in annual sales)
- Familiarity with the functionality of lockboxes.
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) at an intermediate level.
- Demonstrated success in a goals driven work environment.
- Experience compiling and maintaining procedures and policies based on various inputs, including customer contracts, corporate standards, department best practices and external guidance, rules and regulations.
- Experience in international transactions preferred including the compliance, tax/duties, and multi-currency needs of these customers.
- Experience working with IT in support of AR (requirements gathering, testing, problem shooting) is preferred.
- Familiarity with a large-scale, enterprise accounting or CRM system (such as SAP or Oracle.)
- Familiarity with Internet based e-commerce and search/research tools (such as UPS, FedEx, Google and/or Bing.)
- Familiarity with various electronic transaction methods with customers, including EDI, web-based procurement portals (Ariba or custom web based), and ACH/CTX.
- Ability to use basic office equipment: Fax, scan, copy, phone and 10-key.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.