Software Development Engineer - Avon, CT (NPX)
Location: Avon, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer to join our team. As a member of an Agile development team, this role is responsible for the design, implementation, testing, and operation of new and existing software components within our products. Candidates for this role should be versatile and enthusiastic about tackling new problems across the full solution stack as we continue to innovate.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all aspects of software development. This includes specification, design, coding, debugging, testing, integration, deployment, operation, and maintenance of software or hardware/software systems. Work outcomes must meet quality objectives, engineering standards, and company guidelines.
- Participate in planning, synchronization, demonstration, and retrospective events at the team and program level.
- Collaborate as part of a cross-functional team, using face-to-face interactions and appropriate tools to effectively communicate, plan, and make work progress visible to others.
- Demonstrate excellent personal time and task management.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for self-directed learning and continuous improvement.
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 1-3 years professional experience in similar software development role.
- Experience working with at least one of the following: mobile application development, desktop application development, frontend web development, backend web development, machine learning, and/or information security.
- Experience using version control and issue tracking systems.
- Interest and ability to learn other programming languages, frameworks, and software development domains as needed.
- Experience working in a collaborative team environment.
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
- Experience working with Agile software development methods and associated productivity tools (e.g. Azure DevOps).
- Experience designing and implementing solutions using public cloud services (e.g. Azure Services, AWS).
- Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Development experience with Angular/AngularJS platform
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.