Process Engineer - Evanston, WY (NPX)
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Develop processing methods, material compositions, and production parameters. Assist with troubleshooting of process problems and process improvements.
Candidate must be a highly motivated self starter who has a passion for engineering and process ownership. Position will offer complex engineering challenges that require in depth analysis, original thinking, persistence, excellent communication skills, and a positive attitude.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external parties to develop new processes, material compositions and production parameters
- Learn and develop expertise in the assigned processes
- Participate in troubleshooting and process improvements to improve quality, and reduce cost
- Determine and implement methodology for monitoring process performance
- Identify and implement process improvements to reduce scrap
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Ability to travel on business related trips; ability and willingness to relocate; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.; ability to communicate technical requirements to both technical and nontechnical audiences; ability to work on a personal computer and other related equipment.
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of process engineering experience
- Experience with rubber goods and formulations a plus
- Experience in electric utility industry and specifically with lineman tools and work methods a plus
- Must have strong analytical, communication and presentation skills
LEVEL OF DECISION MAKING:
- Shared/recommended decisions concerning process development and improvement.
- Supervise trials and experiments.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.