Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Shelton, Connecticut, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2021 revenues of $4.2 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
St. Louis, MO
Hubbell Incorporated currently has an opportunity for a Compensation Analyst developing and providing support for the implementation of compensation programs that provide a competitive level of pay and rewards to employees of Hubbell. The role includes a hybrid work schedule and will be based out of our Shelton, CT, Greenville, SC or St. Louis, MO office.
This role will report into the Sr. Compensation Manager. This position ensures that the compensation programs remain competitive within the industry, attract and retain employees, comply with government regulations, and are cost effective. The primary functions of the position are, but not limited to: compensation modeling and analyses, competitive benchmarking, compensation expense planning/forecasting, facilitating the annual salary, bonus and long-term incentive processes, preparation of senior management exhibits, coordinating bonus accruals, preparing base salary budgets and analytics, and partnering with HR business partners on a wide variety of human capital analytics requests (including, but not limited to: promotions, hiring, talent, attrition, workforce activity, and ad-hoc requests).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists in the development, implementation, and management of base salary and variable pay policies and programs based on business needs and by using best practice information.
- Conducts competitive compensation assessments for base salary and variable pay by overseeing participation in salary surveys and the analysis of results.
- Facilitates administration of the annual salary planning, short-term, and long-term incentive processes.
- Works with HR business partners and recruiters on compensation matters, including job evaluations and providing recommendations for various compensation actions.
- Evaluates jobs and develops and maintains job descriptions and job architecture
- Analyzes current compensation program data for future recommendations.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 years Compensation experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or Management
- Advanced knowledge of standard and non-traditional job evaluation methodologies, salary structures, merit budget development, equity evaluation, and management / executive short term and long term incentive plan design
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- High level of analytical skills, including strong use of Excel including v-lookup and pivot tables and experience dealing with large volumes of confidential data
- Comfortable learning new systems and technologies; knowledge of Success Factors compensation & variable pay a plus
- Proven time management skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively
- Exceptional judgment and common sense, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing employee-centric solutions
- Results-oriented with a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.