Electronic Test Technician
Location: Solon, Ohio
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
At Aclara, we help utilities manage change, seek new approaches, and harness data and new technologies to supply more efficient and reliable services to their customers. As an end-to-end, smart infrastructure solutions (SIS) partner we couple innovative technology with data-driven solutions to predict, plan and respond to system conditions across electric, gas or water distribution networks. We are 1,700 people working with more than 1,000 gas, water, and electric utilities worldwide. We give our customers actionable insight with real-time visibility of their distribution networks to optimize operations and engage with their consumers to promote energy efficiency and conservation.
30400 Solon Road
Solon, OH 44139
The Electronic Test Technician, reporting to the Manager of Production and Analytics, is responsible for ensuring product functionality and quality through technical test procedures with additional skills to troubleshoot, refurbish, and repair product to a fully working state across a diverse spectrum of products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform basic technical test equipment setup using written work and test instructions.
- Perform basic technical test, configuration, and fault isolation operations on final and sub-assembly mechanical, high voltage, cellular, and other wireless or wired communications products and devices.
- Basic fault-isolation of circuit boards utilizing digital multi-meter, and basic PC test applications and equipment.
- Use Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) or other appropriate business system to confirm and/or download customer specific settings, product configurations, and product firmware.
- Participate in other assigned tasks when required.
- Comply with all safety requirements.
- Comply with company ESD policy.
- Clean workstation at the end of each day.
- Flexibility to support Production Operations team as needed.
- Participate in routine, ongoing 5S and Safety related activities such as GEMBA walks
Skills and Experience
Minimum of an associate technical degree or a minimum of 2 years’ equivalent electronics experience.
Competent working in Microsoft Windows and with Microsoft Office suite.
Basic knowledge of PC boards.
Strong teamwork and communication skills.
Self-motivated, independent, hands-on, and deliver-on-promise mentality while able to follow direction.
- One or more years’ experience working in an electronics manufacturing environment as a technician.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.