Sr. Human Resources Business Partner - Centralia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Human Resources (HR) Business Partner provides assistance with all human resource functions at this business location. The HR Business Partner carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas including but not limited to: recruiting/employment, Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), employee relations, training and development, benefits and compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepares onboarding materials for new hires, coordinates pre-employment screenings and assists with orientation activities
- Organizes employee engagement activities, conducts stay interviews and promotes our culture of inclusion
- Assist with our College Internship program to include campus recruiting, onboarding, coordination of events and end of Summer presentations
- Promotes our corporate wellness program, including health screenings, flu shots; coordinates annual benefits enrollment processes
- Works closely with HR Manager to provide clear and concise communication of policies and procedures to ensure a customer driven environment.
- Provides sound advice and counsel to management on employee relations matters; ensure employees and managers receive the appropriate counseling, guidance and support on employee relations issues
- Supports managers with timekeeping and attendance programs to ensure payroll accuracy
- Administers health and welfare programs including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through Payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
- Work with other HR business partners, HR Centers of Excellence (CoE) and other functional partners (Legal, Finance, IT, etc.) to deliver HR support/services to the business and employees
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or Organizational Development
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience in a manufacturing/industrial environment
- Exceptional judgment and common sense, demonstrated ability to make sound decisions and be creative in developing employee-centric solutions
- Ability to conduct difficult conversations with tact and diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management skills; ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks effectively
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Union experience would be very helpful but not required
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.