North Central Sales Director - Water - St. Louis, MO
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Aclara, a Hubbell Company, is looking for an experienced Regional Sales Director to identify, develop, and close new sales opportunities for Aclara's Water AMI and other solutions within an assigned territory (US - North Central). This person will develop and maintain strong relationship with key clients, regulatory personnel, industry consultants and other market influencers, communicate market information for Company’s strategic planning, and develop key account sales strategies in support of Company’s revenue and profit objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assume sales lead responsibility for all industry accounts in an assigned territory.
- Develop and execute a sales plan for the assigned territory to create new business in the territory.
- Develop and maintain relationships at high levels within customer organizations, in addition to effectively accessing all appropriate organization levels.
- Manage tactical relationships with consultants and partners
- Monitor and report on the activities of Competitors.
- Create and deliver effective sales presentations.
- Coordinate with other Aclara employees to ensure successful programs
- Participate in setting of objectives and execute to accomplish those objectives.
- Identify, access and sell to high level executives in the prospective organization (C – Levels)
- Accurately communicate Company’s vision, purpose and value to customers and other market participants.
- Maintain current and accurate account information in Salesforce.com.
- Identify and, as appropriate, attend industry trade shows and meetings assigned throughout the year.
- Use Company provided tools and resources to manage, document sales strategies and track account activities.
- Take the lead in the preparation of RFP response.
- Develop strong relationships with accounts prior to a RFP being issued.
- Establish proposal response strategy and manage the process.
- Prepare and present reports to upper management.
- Must adhere to all company policies as outlined in the employee manual.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field required and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years system level direct selling experience within the utility market.
- Ability to sell infrastructure systems and solutions to high-level utility executives.
- Strategic thinking, planning and effective execution.
- Strategic knowledge of the major utility market.
- Proven sales results in major utility or related markets.
- Ability to effectively communicate independently or as a member of a team.
- Ability to work independently without daily supervision.
- Ability to identify and internally communicate emerging market trends and opportunities.
- Ability to effectively support significant business contract negotiations.
- 5 or more years of AMI water or gas sales experience.
- Basic knowledge of metering and meter reading technologies.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.