Sr. Process Engineer - Oklahoma City, OK
Location: Oklahoma City
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
This position will be responsible for “hands on” execution of Lean Continuous Improvement functions within the plant with key responsibilities in analyzing the current manufacturing state and formulating action plans through known Lean techniques, driving increases in OEE and reductions in equipment downtime.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Use of lean engineering tools to craft and optimize manufacturing processes for the improvement of existing products and introduction of new ones.
- Seek improvement activities for various process issues that arise.
- Development of production cell layout to support new product launches.
- Lead capital projects.
- Responsibilities include machine selection, cell layout, financial justification, working with quality & product engineering to build and update control plans and engineering requirements, installation of equipment and production startup.
- Trains teams in improvement processes, optimizes floor layout and material flow using lean concepts.
- Participate in Kaizen events and sustainment activities.
- Work with internal and external teams to ensure the timely delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Tracks and executes cost reduction on process improvements.
- Documents and communicates improvements in manufacturing overhead, efficiency and utilization.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Six Sigma a plus.
- 3+ years manufacturing experience.
- Preferred experience as a Lean or Manufacturing Engineer.
- Strong digital literacy with preferred experience using CAD/related drawing software.
- Exposure to Lean Environment or Lean Tools; Value Stream Mapping, 5S Implementation, Root Cause Analysis, FMEA.
6801 S. Sunnylane Road, Oklahoma City, OK 73135
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.