Applications for this job have closed. Try searching for similar jobs.
Warehouse Associate III-Trainer
Location: Arden, North Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial (HCI) provides solutions for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, commercial and industrial applications along with high-voltage test and measurement solutions. As a leading global manufacturer and supplier in multiple markets, we have quality products that serve the commercial construction, datacom, industrial light, industrial heavy, high voltage, residential and oil & gas markets. HCI has built its success through strong leadership, employee and customer loyalty and an exceptional sales force.
20 Glenn Bridge RD Arden NC 28704
The role of the Warehouse Associate III in the training of new and current employees in the Warehouse and assist in all roles in the Distribution Center.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment as well as the safety and security of all employees by following all safety, company, and 6S standards in the distribution center
- Perform initial on-the-job training with new employees and cross-training for current employees into other work areas as directed by cross training plan.
- Conduct post-incident recertification in coordination with the local Environmental Health and Safety team.
- Ensure new and current employees are certified or recertified, if necessary, based on federal, state, and company standards.
- Complete all documentation required to ensure trainee is properly certificated to perform their role including cross training matrix, training checklist(s), certification sign-offs, etc.
- Recommend improvements to warehouse tasks to meet customer demands while maintaining safety and quality levels
- Implement visual aids with the distribution center in compliance with company policy
- When not in trainer role report to supervisor for assignment within 15 minutes of start of shift.
- Perform other duties as assigned and directed.
Skills and Experience
- Five years or more operating in a high-volume warehouse or manufacturing environment.
- Three years or more operating forklift equipment in warehouse environment.
- Intermediate Computer Skills (Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, SAP)
- Core Competencies Include: Technical/Position Specific Knowledge of each major area within the DC; Positive communication that support the company culture; effective written and verbal communication skills.
- One year or more in a training capacity is preferred
- Note: This position is required to achieve satisfactory completion of the Powered Industrial Truck Trainer course
High School Diploma
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.