Location: Avon, Connecticut, Columbia, South Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Associate Photographer is responsible for capturing Hubbell and its portfolio of brands on film through creative photography to be used on a corporate website and other marketing material. The Associate Photographer captures the essence and story the photography needs to tell given the project objective.
The Associate Photographer should be extremely creative, dedicated, have a keen eye and work well under pressure and against strict deadlines. They will ensure a consistent Hubbell voice through photo imagery and overall look and feel to drive awareness, engagement, and advocacy. The successful candidate will be able to achieve technical, qualitative and quantitative goals while meeting project’s needs and deadlines.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand specifications and work closely with the art team to develop the concept
- Capture and process images until desired results are achieved
- Arrange objects, scenes, lighting and background to adhere to specifications
- Confer with internal customers to discuss project requirements, objectives, presentation concepts and then coordinate creative activities
- Provide input and collaboration on design concepts, brand standards and art layouts
- Ensure high quality and on time completion of all work projects
- Direct participants to achieve project and scene objectives
Skills and Experience
- BS degree in Photography, art history, or another relevant field of study
- At least 3+ years of experience in Photography or related experience
- Proven technical knowledge of all camera equipment
- Strong sense of visual composition and perspective
- Proven professional shooting experience
- Shooting and lighting skills
- Competency in applying photographic best practices and techniques
- Knowledge of the production process for online publishing and various printing applications
- The ability to work with little to no supervision in delivering high-quality work and is capable of effectively collaborating with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Strong listening, project management, interpersonal, and communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop, Capture One, or other photography-specific software
- Ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods of time; ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Travel up to 25%.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.