Manager, Trade Shows and Events - Hubbell Site Flexible
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, Huntington, Shelton, Connecticut, Solon, Ohio, St. Louis, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
The Hubbell Enterprise Marketing (HEM) Trade Show and Events Manager is a seasoned professional with exceptional organizational skills and a strong understanding of various types of events. The event and trade show manager will lead the efforts to strategically plan, manage, and execute memorable and engaging experiences at tradeshows and other Hubbell events. Reporting to the Senior Director of Marketing Communications, this person will collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization to help create an impactful experience across every aspect of an event to drive awareness, customer and prospect engagement, lead generation, and results.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive compelling, engaging, and memorable experiences for prospects and customers to influence retention, pipeline, and elevate Hubbell’s event strategy.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand and establish business objectives and strategies for all shows, as well as success measurement and metrics to show ROI.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to execute integrated plans for large events which include internal kickoff, overall onsite experience, event campaigns, staffing, on-site logistics
- Oversee production and project management of events simultaneously, including trade shows, user conferences, and internal events while prioritizing deadlines and major milestones.
- Work with our team or outside agencies when necessary to develop creative concept themes conceptualize, design, and execute all events ensuring display enhances the Hubbell brand.
- Manage all administration around events – shows sign-up, contracts, invoice processing, and expense management liaising with finance, procurement, and legal accordingly.
- Manage exhibit houses relations, inventory management, and expenses.
- Provide guidance on event management solutions and systems based on best practices that will maximize our assets inventory, drive return on objectives, and realize cost savings.
- Mentor, coach and manage team members for their ongoing growth and development and sustained level of high performance.
- Manage and report on all expenses related to the tradeshow portfolio. Generate post-show report summary for annual budget planning of trade shows for the new fiscal year.
- Travel frequently – up to 60% of the time will be spent traveling to various events
- Additional responsibilities as required
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s in related field
- At minimum 10 years experience of event planning; trade shows strongly preferred
- Additional or preferred qualifications - CMP or certification in trade show management field a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds for trade show materials.
- History of working with events that delivered transformational experiences that impress stakeholders.
- Must be a high-energy, agile, motivated self-starter, passionate about industry events, engaging audiences, driving the marketing pipeline, and creating an event strategy with a data-driven approach.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively take a project from ideation through execution, including managing timeline, resources, expectations, deliverables, etc.
- Ability to multitask and work effectively in a team environment with changing priorities, fluctuating work levels, and deadlines.
- Proven ability to successfully build, coach, motivate and inspire a diverse, high-performing team to achieve outstanding results.
- Strong critical-thinking, problem-solving and decision-making and negotiations skills.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate concepts and details across internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- Ability to handle stressful situations and remain calm and respectful under pressure
- Thorough understanding of experiential marketing tools, techniques, and technologies
- Experience with managing budgets, contract negotiations, and delivering measurable ROI on events of all types.
- Ability to develop strong relationships across all levels of the organization and experience in working with cross-functional teams such as content, creative and digital.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience working with registration and event platforms such as CVENT and project management software such as Workfront. Comfortable learning new software systems as needed
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.