Sr. Firmware Engineer (REMOTE) (NPX)
Location: Aiken, South Carolina, Archdale, North Carolina, Arden, North Carolina, Aurora, Illinois, Austin, Texas, Austin, Texas, Avon, Connecticut, Belmont, New Hampshire, Blawnox, Boonton, New Jersey, Bradenton, Brewster, New York, Broken Arrow, Oklahoma, Bronx County, New York, Brooklyn Park, California, Castle Hill, Centralia, Missouri, Christiansburg, Virginia, Clayton, Columbia, South Carolina, Corona, California, Crestview Hills, Kentucky, Cromwell, Connecticut, Cuba, Missouri, Elgin, Illinois, Fenton, Missouri, Freeburg, Illinois, Gainesville, Florida, Goffstown, New Hampshire, Greater Manchester, Greenville, Alabama, Greenville, South Carolina, Greenville, South Carolina, Hamilton, Hammond, Louisiana, Herndon, Virginia, Huntsville, Alabama, Jefferson, Georgia, Katy, Kent, Washington, Knightdale, Lake Forest, California, Largo, Florida, Le Roy, New York, Leeds, Alabama, Lenoir City, Tennessee, Lincoln, New Hampshire, Littleton, New Hampshire, Los Angeles, California, Lumberton, North Carolina, Manchester, New Hampshire, Mayville, Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, Middletown, New York, Mount Vernon, New York, New Berlin, Wisconsin, New York, New York, Newton Falls, Ohio, Oklahoma City, Ontario, Ontario, California, Palatka, Florida, Pennsauken Township, Plympton, Massachusetts, Reading, Richmond, Rocky Mount, Rolling Meadows, Illinois, Round Rock, Texas, Rowland Heights, San Antonio, Scotland, Shannon County, Missouri, Shelton, Connecticut, Slade Point, Solon, Ohio, Somersworth, New Hampshire, South Bend, Indiana, St. Louis, Missouri, St. Louis, Missouri, Staffordshire, Stonington, Connecticut, Tempe, Arizona, Troy, Virginia, Tulsa, Oklahoma, Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States, Vacaville, California, Veazie, Maine, Virginia Beach, Virginia, Wadsworth, Ohio, Wellesley, Winsted, Connecticut
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
If you are committed to environmentally friendly projects, security, safety, and advancing new approaches in technology, then Hubbell engineering is the place for you. Join our team to solve challenging problems and help make change in electrical products and utility.
Responsible for the design, development, and manufacturing support of embedded firmware on a new Electric Vehicle product that Hubbell is developing and supporting products associated with Smart Infrastructure Solutions including areas such as AMI and Utility/Distribution Automation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Firmware design, coding, test and documentation for microcontroller-based products
- Help develop functional specifications and requirements documentation for new products.
- Contribute cost estimates and schedules for development tasks.
- Develop unit and integration test methods to ensure system meets requirement. Create, present and publish test reports.
- Participate in development and maintenance of structured product development processes.
- Help establish and follow proper design processes for high reliability firmware
- Analyze and resolve field problems. Perform root cause analysis and determine effect preventive action(s).
- Support the work of other engineers on project teams.
- Participate in technical reviews of the work performed by the group
- Participate in the development of project plans including reviewing and evaluating code and other deliverables produced by the team from concept to product launch.
- Serve as lead developer, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years’ aggregate Engineering experience (graduate thesis work included as experience).
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in analysis, design, coding, and testing C code for embedded systems.
- Strong understanding of hardware interfaces.
- Advanced debugging/troubleshooting techniques including use of Logic Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Function Generators...
- Source code control and defect tracking systems experience (GIT, etc.)
- Static source code analysis experience.
- Work equally well independently and at the direction of others.
- Python Language Development Experience
- Experience in developing design documentation (requirements, flowcharts, data flow diagrams, state transition diagrams, etc.).
- Experience with MSP430, ARM and/or PIC microprocessors.
- Experience with ThreadX, Freescale MQX, Micrium, FreeRTOS or other RTOS(s).
- Experience w/ Security applied to Embedded Devices
- Experience using static source code analysis tools/methods.
- Perform formal Root-Cause Analysis to troubleshoot and resolve top issues
- Ability to develop support applications for test automation, utilities, etc.
- Project estimation/tracking experience.
- Advanced engineering degree.
- Experience in the utility industry.
- Experience with Agile development
- Experience with Azure Dev Ops
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.