2nd Shift- Casting- CC2 - Chatsworth, CA
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
9140 Lurline Ave Chatsworth, CA 91311
Hubbell Power Systems is seeking Casters for our Small, Large Pads/Frame, and Specialty Parts Casting departments in the Chatsworth, CA facility and to be part of a growing, dynamic, and diverse team during a time of transition. As part of a recent acquisition, the Chatsworth facility is experiencing exciting change. Production Casters work in casting department producing thermoset casted parts of various sizes by preparing and dressing tools/molds with fiberglass, foam core, or previously made FRP/SMC boxes, mix and fill them with casted liquid polymer concrete material, and demold parts from molds/tools. Starting base pay is $20.00 per hour along with a 10% shift premium for working the 2nd shift. In addition, you will be eligible to receive a $1000 retention bonus on the 90th day with Hubbell. Health care benefits start on the first of the month following your hire date.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Follow Company safety and break policies, work in a safe manner, follow directions, and wear company issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). Immediately report any unsafe activity or accident to area Supervisor
- Learn and understand how to dress, apply fiberglass roving to molds, move molds/tools to pad/casting tables, dispense material from autocasting mixing bin into mixing bowl, add chopped fiberglass and catalyst, and dispense into molds/tools, and remove cured parts from molds/tools.
- Cast material into assembled composite tool/mold fill lines – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Remove parts from tools/molds in a safe manner, trim and deflash as instructed using hand-tools, inspect for product quality, and place/stack onto pallets – Maximum Lifting Policy is 50 pounds.
- Work in an efficient manner maintaining part shift through/put quantity requirements.
- Ask questions when unsure of work safety and through-put quantity requirements.
- Keep area clean, follow good housekeeping practices.
Skills and Experience
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- High school diploma preferred but not required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/ KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITY:
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to work in a group environment, and ask for help when needed.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions, including meeting qualitative and/or quantitative productivity standards.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with company policies
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, work in a fast paced environment with repetitive motion, clutch, lift, grab, bend, stoop, push and pull with no difficulties, be on feet during work shift, and clearly communicate issues.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.