Meter Installer (PSE)
Location: Kent, Washington
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Location: Burlington, WA
Aclara, a Hubbell company, is looking for self-motivated individuals to join our full-time meter installation team. The Meter Installers are tasked with safely and efficiently replacing electric meters on residential or commercial property on behalf of a local utility.
Compensation & Benefits
- Paid Training
- Hourly rate of $30.60-$36.01 plus installation incentives!
- Company vehicle (and gas) provided for use during working hours.
- Union-supplied benefit eligibility, including medical, dental, and vision.
- Check existing meter, install replacement meter, and perform final meter test.
- Accurately collect customer data and detail the installations through company-provided handheld device.
- Maintain exceptional standards of safety and quality of work.
- Meet daily installation goals, as established by the Project Manager.
- Earn more when goals are exceeded!
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to commute to various job sites (in Company vehicle), based on project needs.
- Ability to join local union IBEW #77.
- Ability to retain knowledge of and receive a passing grade on NGA 70 and 85 certifications.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Ability to interact well with customers and uphold Aclara SGS customer standards.
- Ability to use assigned tools and work within safety guidelines.
- Previous working experience in related fields (utilities, plumbing, electrical, natural gas, telecom, solar, cable or HVAC).
- Previous experience installing or repairing electric, gas, and/or water meters.
- Experience with technology, computers, and various software programs.
- Physical ability to work in an outdoor environment, including, but not limited to: Walking, climbing and stooping for up to 10 hours per day in various types of weather conditions.
- Uniform (jacket, shirts, pants) and all safety equipment & tools are provided, with the exception of footwear.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.