Associate Product Engineer - Birmingham, AL
Location: Leeds, Alabama
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Greater Birmingham Area - Leeds, AL
This is an engineering role responsible for overseeing all engineering functions for a given product line within the Hubbell Power Systems electric utility and communications connectors business unit and working with the product management team to grow the Distribution Connector sales and profitability.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Product line maintenance (cost reductions, drawing updates, engineering change requests, testing and interfacing with various departments including operations, manufacturing engineering, sourcing, new product development & quality departments)
- Product line deviations (design, test & document product deviations needed for specific customer demands)
- Prepare 3D CAD models, draft of parts and assemblies utilizing AutoCAD inventor.
- Optimize designs for production using DFA & DFM principles.
- Perform and review FEA (structural & thermal analysis) on parts and assemblies.
- Review Customer specifications for requested projects, design a solution & provide costing to Product Line Manager for pricing efforts.
- Fabricate, assemble and test prototypes to verify performance to design criteria.
- Develop and review design concepts, drawings, bill of materials and assembly processes.
- Participate in brainstorming activities lead by NPD.
- Perform quality audits as needed.
- Perform or assist lab technicians with mechanical and/or electrical testing needs to qualify or validate product performance.
- Collaborate with Product Line Manager to understand industry needs and define product line extensions necessary to gain greater market share.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering
- 1-3 years of experience designing or maintaining parts and assemblies for production
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor & Vault
- Proficiency in designing parts for casting processes
- Proficiency in FEA analysis
- Proficiency in Microsoft office
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.