Sourcing Buyer - Columbia, MO
Location: Centralia, Missouri
Job Type: Not Specified
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
Greater Columbia Area - Missouri (Centralia, MO)
As the strategic Sourcing Buyer, you will be responsible for identifying and developing potential new suppliers, which would strategically benefit the supply chain in terms of material availability and reduce overall cost to the business.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage relationships with existing suppliers and seek new opportunities
- Undertake supplier visits, compiling visit reports upon completion, and developing process improvements to the internal supply chain
- Evaluate the capabilities of proposed new suppliers in conjunction with key business stakeholders in the internal Supply Chain with the responsibility for approving or rejecting for use
- Lead, negotiate and execute agreements for the sourcing of various commodity items for the Business Unit
- Actively seek cost improvements in purchased products, through either supplier process improvements or re-sourcing, to ensure cost savings goals are met
- Prepare materials for make vs. buy decision process
- Work closely with planning and manufacturing to ensure that inventory goals are met and that obsolete materials are identified and dispositioned
- Work with Q.A., production and the suppliers to get timely disposition of rejected raw material or components
- Maintain accurate purchase order information (pricing, lead-times, etc.) in the PIR (purchasing information record) in current MRP system (SAP)
- Expedite purchased materials (raw material or components) from suppliers as needed
- Work with suppliers and Accounts Payable to resolve invoicing issue when needed
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of procurement, planning or engineering experience in manufacturing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Keen ability to manage time, prioritize and provide regular updates on multiple projects with competing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the proven ability to collaborate and build strong working relationships
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of the Microsoft suite of applicatoins
- Ability to travel on business related trips as necessary, ability to move to various locations within the Company
Preferred but not required:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Supply Chain Management or Engineering
- Previous experience working in SAP
- APICS certification
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.